Albums Childish Gambino - ‘Bando Stone and The New World’ (Discussion Thread)

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Between ‘Witchy’ and ’A Place Where Love Goes’, I hope Donald collabs with some French house and electronic artists in the future. His vocals mesh well with that sound.

Soundtracks are usually all over the place. A few listens into this and I think there are some pros and cons with that. Positives being that it allowed Donald to showcase genres he’s worked on before in his past work as well as lanes he’s never really ventured into before. On the flip side, heading into something as wholesome as ‘Can You Feel Me’ with his son right after a banger and supposed Drake diss threw me for a loop. That whiplash is something I don’t think I’ll ever adjust to, lol.

This is my favorite Gambino album though, just off of growth. Homie isn’t The Boy anymore, he’s a 40 year old father now. He’s been adamant about this being his final Childish album during the press tour and I hope he sticks to it because this was a nice way to end things on. Tour’s gonna hit like crack next month.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
This definitely feels like a “Soundtrack” type album…. Which I liked a lot. I was just having a discussion on here recently how no one really amps soundtracks to movies like that no more.

Some of the dopest albums in the 90s was sound tracks. Menace 2 Society was one of my favs. I Got The Hook Up, Crooklyn, Rush Hour, etc

These young niccas don’t know about that era

Yup

Musically this thing is all over the place and feels like half should’ve been him and half other artists on the other tracks since there’s more than enough material.

The cohesion just doesn’t feel “there” as body of work but a few of these tracks would pop off ass one offs for sure.

“A Place Where Love Goes” and “Got Yo Be” feel like they could’ve been someone for Beyonce on Renaissance. Meanwhile I get Jaden vibes from “Yoshinoya” easily.

The best vibe on this is the one with Jorja

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Album feels like everything he wanted BTI to be…

I’m also not convinced that the movie is real….kinda telling considering his actual son is part of the cast…

Donny

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great album he was taking shots at Drake in Yoshinoya my homie been swearing up and down for years that Bino is a much better artist than Drake and as far as a pure artist goes I have to agree Drake hasn’t made anything great since views

This album has a couple joints I’m putting into regular rotation