Albums Childish Gambino - ‘Bando Stone and The New World’ (Discussion Thread)

Superstar
Daps
I’ll say this, if you’re a fan of his already.

More than likely you will like it

If you like artist that push the envelope and try to expand the art, you may like it.

But if you someone that likes the same ol shyt that sticks to the norm and the conventions that always stay the same. You probably will only like a few songs but overall won’t like it as a whole.

I’ve never been a fan of his earlier shyt. My favorite is “awaken…”. I like this almost as much. I normally digest music during my commute. I had fun listening to this one the way home

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I’ve never been a fan of his earlier shyt. My favorite is “awaken…”. I like this almost as much. I normally digest music during my commute. I had fun listening to this one the way home

This definitely feels like a “Soundtrack” type album…. Which I liked a lot. I was just having a discussion on here recently how no one really amps soundtracks to movies like that no more.

Some of the dopest albums in the 90s was sound tracks. Menace 2 Society was one of my favs. I Got The Hook Up, Crooklyn, Rush Hour, etc

These young niccas don’t know about that era

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
the movie has no release date. it was shown in previews so it's a theatrical, that's all we know.
He really dropped a soundtrack for a movie that doesn't even have a release date?

:dwillhuh:

Superstar
Daps
This definitely feels like a “Soundtrack” type album…. Which I liked a lot. I was just having a discussion on here recently how no one really amps soundtracks to movies like that no more.

Some of the dopest albums in the 90s was sound tracks. Menace 2 Society was one of my favs. I Got The Hook Up, Crooklyn, Rush Hour, etc

These young niccas don’t know about that era

It felt a lot like the Janelle Monaé/Wondaland opera style of storytelling (ArchAndroid/Electric Lady), building off of pieces other songs and genre’s and pouring in the theatrics.

My girl and our kid are going to love riding around to this and “Why Lawd”.

Kixx

Pro
Daps
Album is cool but got no flow. I get it, it's a movie soundtrack and he's exploring different genres, but it was a tough listen. Maybe it will grow on me, gonna give it another spin.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I feel about him like I do about bad bunny. I don't really like their music ,but they both had an undeniable album that will be their opus. But the style they got big with isn't really my vibe

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kinda mid
yeah idk how i feel about these fixed up albums that already been out... they're nicer than the originals

but i would like something new

but i also would be fine if he never dropped new music because i was not feeling the two remastered ones over the two albums he dropped before those.

breh already has a classic album to me, i think he is better at TV than he is at music, maybe stick with one thing.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I’m gonna be honest with you.

In this era I’ve seen more coli breh and cats in real life dress more flagrant than him.

He just wearing a Hawaiian shirt and short shorts.

We got niccas out here wearing tight leather pants, dresses and mini skirts
Homie stays rapping about short shorts, lol. Wouldn’t really be a Gambino album without some corny bars. At least he owns it.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i like a lot of it, even the tracks that are less traditional more experimental hip hop. but this shyt annoys me especially with artists that wanna be all over the place like him. i like experimenting, but if you are doing 20 tracks and 15 of them are not cohesive then separate them. drop different projects.

he just drops whatever thats on his mind and it just has no cohesiveness in the last two projects. i thought there was a lot of cohesiveness in the ones preceding that.

i hope whatever he drops next has some cohesion because he is a talented artist, even when he is experimenting. :ehh:

it just doesn't make for a good album.