Chicken Alfredo = the taco bell of italian food

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
If that's what y'all like. Pasta makes me sluggish and bloated. My energy levels ain't the same at the gym either

I just like real food:manny:
spicy-jerk-chicken-recipe-chowhound.jpg

This was the snobbiest of food snob post

:comeon:

Bout to make it even snobbier. Jerk chicken and rice and peas is a b*stardisation in it's own right. Jerk chicken is supposed to be eaten with bread and ketchup out of a peice of foil on the street side. It doesnt go with rice and peas as the meat itself has no gravy.

I'm still trying to work out what Aldredo is all the recipes I see are different. Is it a Bechamel or just cream mixed with a protein and pasta? I've never tasted it but I hear of it being referenced all the time.

Ezra

Daps
Bout to make it even snobbier. Jerk chicken and rice and peas is a b*stardisation in it's own right. Jerk chicken is supposed to be eaten with bread and ketchup out of a peice of foil on the street side. It doesnt go with rice and peas as the meat itself has no gravy.

I'm still trying to work out what Aldredo is all the recipes I see are different. Is it a Bechamel or just cream mixed with a protein and pasta? I've never tasted it but I hear of it being referenced all the time.
Traditional Alfredo is just pasta water emulsified w butter and reggiano. Simple and light. Add some lemon juice and zest and you go Pasta Al Limone, one of my favorite pasta dishes

Americanized Alfredo is the same general idea but w lots of heavy cream, and other stuff that strays away from the original dish. It's pretty good but really heavy and you'll feel like crap afterwards

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Chicken Alfredo is only good for lunch, and it's a million other things that are better.

Y'all can have your Alfredo for dinner. I'm throwing T-bone on the grill:umad:

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
My Wife Does A Version That Has A Spicy Kick To It That’s :banderas:

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
Traditional Alfredo is just pasta water emulsified w butter and reggiano. Simple and light. Add some lemon juice and zest and you go Pasta Al Limone, one of my favorite pasta dishes

Americanized Alfredo is the same general idea but w lots of heavy cream, and other stuff that strays away from the original dish. It's pretty good but really heavy and you'll feel like crap afterwards

The original sounds lit. I like a pasta sauce made with pasta water. Very light. I must make an original carbonara.