Chick playing young STORM think its time for a "SOLO" movie....

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
:hubie::mjpls:

X-Men-Apocalypse-Storm-Poster.jpg

THR spoke with X-Men: Dark Phoenix star Alexandra Shipp about her younger take on the character Storm, who debuted in X-Men: Apocalypse. She'll be part of the main team in the upcoming film, but the outlet also posed the question of whether the actor and studio have discussed a solo film.

Not yet, but I am hoping we will get around to it. It is definitely time for these Storm fans to get the movie they have been dying for.

X-Men-Apocalypse-Trailer-Storm-Horseman.jpg

Shipp didn't get much time to shine in the role, but she's a rising star in the indie world thanks to films like
Love, Simon and Tragedy Girls. So if anyone could lead a film, it'd be her. And while nothing is in the works, Shipp still has some ideas about the fiercely independent mutant leader.

There are so many different storylines that we could take on when it comes to Storm — whether she is losing her powers or going back to Africa. I just want there to be a message of "this woman doesn't need a man." Just one movie where a woman doesn't need a man, really.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cyclops was my boy when I collected comics. What they did to him in the movies :snoop:

The way they did Scott in X3 though...
giphy.gif

On a real note though, even though I like Storm--I don't think most of the X-men are really built for solo movies like that. It makes sense for the Avengers since their heavy hitters have all had their own comic books and rogues galleries outside of the Avengers since before they were even part of the team. (Thor, Captain America, etc.)

The problem is that most of the X-men were explicitly designed to function as a part of a group from the beginning, and not as independent characters. The movies really need to quit screwing around and start treating the characters like a true ensemble.

The only X-characters that have any business having movies of their own IMO are Wolverine and Deadpool, since they're among the few characters to have carried legit legendary stories and runs in the original comic books. (Frank Miller's Wolverine, BWS Weapon X, so on and so forth.)

EDIT: I can see a "Lifedeath 1 and 2 " movie about Storm working, based on how she had to deal with the loss of her powers. But they would need to establish the character and let her shine for a movie or two before seeing her hit rock bottom like that.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:hubie::mjpls:

X-Men-Apocalypse-Storm-Poster.jpg

THR spoke with X-Men: Dark Phoenix star Alexandra Shipp about her younger take on the character Storm, who debuted in X-Men: Apocalypse. She'll be part of the main team in the upcoming film, but the outlet also posed the question of whether the actor and studio have discussed a solo film.

Not yet, but I am hoping we will get around to it. It is definitely time for these Storm fans to get the movie they have been dying for.

X-Men-Apocalypse-Trailer-Storm-Horseman.jpg

Shipp didn't get much time to shine in the role, but she's a rising star in the indie world thanks to films like
Love, Simon and Tragedy Girls. So if anyone could lead a film, it'd be her. And while nothing is in the works, Shipp still has some ideas about the fiercely independent mutant leader.

There are so many different storylines that we could take on when it comes to Storm — whether she is losing her powers or going back to Africa. I just want there to be a message of "this woman doesn't need a man." Just one movie where a woman doesn't need a man, really.
The actor playing storm thinks it is time for a movie where they are the lead character. Well with that unbiased opinion.