CHICAGO MIGRANT CRISIS: MAYOR ORDERS HIRING FREEZE TO ADDRESS BILLION DOLLAR BUDGET DEFICIT

Daps

Undocumented immigrants far less likely to commit crimes in U.S. than citizens​

But at least two independent studies suggest Secure Communities didn’t have any effect on crime rates, according to Light, despite deporting more than 200,000 people in its first four years.

“If the plan was to make communities safer, to reduce the likelihood of, say, a felony violent assault in these communities through deportation, it did not deliver on that promise,” Light says. “Our results help us understand why that is. The population of people we deported simply were not a unique criminal risk. Removing them isn’t going to make you all that safer.”

While the new study can’t describe why undocumented immigrants commit fewer crimes, it’s a common finding that first generation immigrants tend to be less crime prone — and undocumented immigrants are, almost by definition, first generation immigrants. Light believes there are many reasons to expect a lower crime rate among undocumented immigrants.

“They have a tremendous incentive to avoid criminal wrongdoing. The greatest fear among undocumented immigrants is getting in legal trouble that leads to deportation,” says Light, whose work is supported by the National Science Foundation and National Institute of Justice.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Chicago is going to dump these people into the West and South Suburbs. They already are. This year my school district which is 30+ minutes out of the city had to approve a certified bilingual ELA teacher due to the influx of migrants. Parents and kids are pulling up to public schools that don't speak any English, registering at schools that don't have the adequate staff to serve them.

This also impacts the school's performance because the standardized tests are essentially in English. So without additional support many schools accepting these kids are going to get fukked for bad test scores.

Tommy Lee Jones

All Star
Daps
I was just listening to a wrestler talk about how he got a dui 20 years ago and he still can't get into cananda. Same rules apply for austraila and the UK. I know the us was founded by immigrants and Im fine with immigrants coming in the right way. Not sure why democrats think it's ok to just let them in and give them free shyt while everyone else struggles and pays taxes. They are going to start letting immigrants vote that is why. And I am not a polictical guy I don't like either side but obviously they are pandering for a reason. You really think any politician cares about mexican immigrants and there lives? bunch of phonies.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
People should direct this energy towards the corporations that are buying every house/land available for sell , while paying slavery wages that have
not kept up with production.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
People should direct this energy towards the corporations that are buying every house/land available for sell , while paying slavery wages that have
not kept up with production.
Please note that the corporations buying American property pay their people very very very very well . Whole lotta people would kill for those jobs.

I don't even think blackrock has a single position starting at less than 70k. Same could be said for Goldman or the Carlyle group.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I was just listening to a wrestler talk about how he got a dui 20 years ago and he still can't get into cananda. Same rules apply for austraila and the UK. I know the us was founded by immigrants and Im fine with immigrants coming in the right way. Not sure why democrats think it's ok to just let them in and give them free shyt while everyone else struggles and pays taxes. They are going to start letting immigrants vote that is why. And I am not a polictical guy I don't like either side but obviously they are pandering for a reason. You really think any politician cares about mexican immigrants and there lives? bunch of phonies.
Immigrants still going to go towards Republican if they "make it"

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D

But at least two independent studies suggest Secure Communities didn’t have any effect on crime rates, according to Light, despite deporting more than 200,000 people in its first four years.

“If the plan was to make communities safer, to reduce the likelihood of, say, a felony violent assault in these communities through deportation, it did not deliver on that promise,” Light says. “Our results help us understand why that is. The population of people we deported simply were not a unique criminal risk. Removing them isn’t going to make you all that safer.”

While the new study can’t describe why undocumented immigrants commit fewer crimes, it’s a common finding that first generation immigrants tend to be less crime prone — and undocumented immigrants are, almost by definition, first generation immigrants. Light believes there are many reasons to expect a lower crime rate among undocumented immigrants.

“They have a tremendous incentive to avoid criminal wrongdoing. The greatest fear among undocumented immigrants is getting in legal trouble that leads to deportation,” says Light, whose work is supported by the National Science Foundation and National Institute of Justice.
Illegal immigration is a crime on its own. Them being here is the crime :mjlol:

Tommy Lee Jones

All Star
Daps
Immigrants still going to go towards Republican if they "make it"
who you gonna vote for if you are a hispanic immigrant. a rich white guy or the multi-cultural people who are giving you free shyt and pandering to you? I know a lot of "white" cubans go republican but that is different. A guy who comes here illegally from guatemala is gonna roll with the team that is allowing him to have a drivers license, housing you, and giving you all the free shyt you need.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

The land is stolen, it ain’t a crime to come here

Americans can barely make rent
Americans can't afford homes
Americans can't afford healthcare
Black Americans can't get reparations

And You're vouching for immigrants like it ain't a big deal?

druski-raising-hands-and-laughing-i9cd6jwup77zkstk.gif

Last edited: