Chicago cop found NOT GUILTY of killing of unarmed Rekia Boyd in off-duty encounter

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
His handgun wasn't even registered, he voluntarily went over to a group he thought were dangerous, and he was off duty? The fukk does it take for a conviction?

And to think there were some complaining about the Black kid that was involved in a home invasion that got probation for 5 years from the Black judge. Then you got ish like this & he doesn't even get charged

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
and many of the more sensible people always push for manslaughter charges instead of first or second degree when 1st degree would have clearly applied here, even the reduced charge was meaningless.

I don't know what else to say, the marching and protests are meaningless and cacs laugh at that shyt, the other liberal cacs march alongside for the "it's not all white people" photo op.

doing the same thing (protesting/marching) and expecting different results is absolute insanity.

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and many of the more sensible people always push for manslaughter charges instead of first or second degree when 1st degree would have clearly applied here, even the reduced charge was meaningless.

I don't know what else to say, the marching and protests are meaningless and cacs laugh at that shyt, the other liberal cacs march alongside for the "it's not all white people" photo op.

doing the same thing (protesting/marching) and expecting different results is absolute insanity.
They don't wanna accept the responsibility that comes with real change.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

Nothing happening to zimmerman opened the flood gates. Ferguson should have showed black people the value of all that marching/protesting. It has none.

Ruh roh when the cop who kill Tamir isn't indicted? Ain't shyt gonna happen except "we forgive the cop" and some negro spiritual marching.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland

we are so lost out here :snoop:

I don't have the answers but your right we can't keep doing this

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Nothing happening to zimmerman opened the flood gates. Ferguson should have showed black people the value of all that marching/protesting. It has none.

Ruh roh when the cop who kill Tamir isn't indicted? Ain't shyt gonna happen except "we forgive the cop" and some negro spiritual marching.
it aint going down like that in cleveland:birdman:

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps

Hold up.

They won 4.5 million from the city in 2013 and this dude doesn't even get prosecuted?! :what:

Courtroom erupts after CPD detective found innocent in fatal shooting of unarmed woman
Posted: 04/20/2015, 01:55pm | Stefano Esposito
SERVIN-CST-042115-1.jpg
Chicago Police Detective Dante Servin, shown earlier in his trial, was found not guilty on Monday. | Pool photo by John J. Kim/Chicago Tribune
A Cook County judge on Monday found a Chicago police officer not guilty on charges he fatally shot an unarmed woman.

In an unusual move, Judge Dennis Porter granted a defense motion for a directed verdict, meaning he found police officer Dante Servin not guilty without Servin even having to put on a defense.

Servin had been charged with involuntary manslaughter, reckless conduct and reckless discharge of a firearm — but Porter, in issuing his verdict, said Servin’s conduct was “beyond reckless” in the March 2012 shooting of Rekia Boyd. Therefore, “it would be improper to allow the trial to continue given the total failure” to prove recklessness, which was key to all three charges. “The evidence does not support the charges on which the defendant is being tried.”

Rekia Boyd died after being shot by CPD officer Dante Servin. | Provided

The officer’s decision to discharge his firearm, Porter said, “was an intentional act.”

Porter seemed to know his decision would be controversial.

“This is not a place for emotion,” he said before reading his verdict. “This is a place for reasoned decisions.”

Even so, as soon as the verdict was read, the courtroom exploded.

“This motherf—– killed my sister,” yelled Martinez Sutton, one of Boyd’s brothers, who was quickly surrounded by courtroom deputies. “Do you want me to be quiet?”

Outside the courtroom, Sutton said: “I was promised that this cop would go down.”

Later, as Servin left the courthouse, he was surrounded by police officers as protesters shouted “F—— murderer!” at him.

Servin was an off-duty Chicago Police detective in March 2012 when he fatally shot Boyd, 22, and injured her friend Antonio Cross after confronting them and two others during a raucous gathering by his home near Douglas Park.

Servin’s attorneys had said Cross reached into his waistband, pretending he had a weapon and charged toward the officer. Earlier in the trial, a Chicago Police detective and Cook County prosecutor had testified that Servin told them he opened fire because he believed he saw a gun pointed at him.

“He thought for sure he was going to get shot,” lead Detective Ed Heerdt had said.

Boyd died after one of the five bullets from Servin’s unregistered handgun pierced the left side of her head. Servin has maintained that he used his Glock only because he felt threatened when he confronted the group about the noise.

Minutes before he shot Boyd and wounded Cross in the hand, Servin, now 46, had called 911 to complain about crowds of people “drinking, fighting and smoking drugs” near his home.

Boyd’s mother, Angela Helton, who received a $4.5 million settlement with the city, had complained to reporters earlier in the trial, which started April 9, about what she called Servin’s constant “smirk” during the court proceedings.

One of Servin’s defense attorneys, Darren O’Brien, praised the judge’s ruling.

“The fact is the evidence did not support the charges in the case,” O’Brien said.

O’Brien said he believes double jeopardy applies and his client cannot be retried for the death of Boyd.

Why didn't this go to a grand jury? That's insane.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
I thought this would be one of the situations where the cop got convicted.I remember when this happened