Chase Bank warns It Will End Free Checking Accounts

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Honest question, what is the point of using a bank over a credit union. Every bank I ever had did some sneaky shyt. There's nothing stopping you from walking in.
Ubiquity. My bank is every where in the nation and I've honestly never had a fee in my life from my bank.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
All credit unions in my area can use the same ATMs, you can even use different ones for simple transactions.
Things may differ depending on Union/State/etc., and being able to use any ATM doesn't mean you don't get charged more for using one not operated by your Union/Bank. Taking out $50 shouldn't cost $54.95.​

Daps
Big banks have many locations nationwide so I think that's why people use them instead of credit unions.

But since most credit unions are part of the coop network, you can use their ATMs for free. Some credit unions are also shared branches which mean you can conduct any type of transaction that you would perform at your main credit union.

Thing is you have to know about the coop network and shared branches, which is more legwork and a bit intimidating for a newbie.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Chase bank going down the shytter. They barely got any ATMs, bad location for banks, closed like half their locations. Now possibly charging for checking? Not sure if with direct deposit monthly they'd still charge, but regardless, online banks like Schwab>>>

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
All credit unions in my area can use the same ATMs, you can even use different ones for simple transactions.

Majority of credit unions are in a nationwide network that will allow you to use an atm or branch of an another Credit union for free and receive full service. All you got to do is check if your credit Union is a member. The website of your credit union will tell you they all mention it.