Chase Bank warns It Will End Free Checking Accounts

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
I bank at a credit union but the United States post office used to provide a postal savings system that allowed people to deposit money into a government backed interest earning account until the late 60s. They could just reinstitute a program like that and play the compete to survive game with the banks

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Honest question, what is the point of using a bank over a credit union. Every bank I ever had did some sneaky shyt. There's nothing stopping you from walking in.
In a nutshell, Credit Unions are non-profit, charge lower interest on loans, and offer higher rates of interest on accounts.

I'm not educated in finance management so maybe one of those cats that posts here can offer more info.​

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
In a nutshell, Credit Unions are non-profit, charge lower interest on loans, and offer higher rates of interest on accounts.

I'm not educated in finance management so maybe one of those cats that posts here can offer more info.​
Yeah I know the difference. I'm asking why the average person still uses a bank. The credit union I use has the highest rate on savings, it's never crowded, and they are friendly.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Yeah I know the difference. I'm asking why the average person still uses a bank. The credit union I use has the highest rate on savings, it's never crowded, and they are friendly.
Hmmm, more locations, more ATM's, easier to become a customer. Those are just guesses. The Credit Union I belong to is only for Active Duty Service Members, Veterans, and their dependents.​