Charles Barkey and Gayle King land CNN show

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection

Not happy to see most people get canceled, but this wasn't the duo that was going to save CNN.

They gotta go younger. And unfortunately, they may have to go more infotainment. Satire and interview shows with a younger lead at the helm.

I actually thought Charlamagne was going to move into this space, but he's actually pretty bad at scripted segmented television.

Nick Cannon wouldn't be a bad idea, but he might be off putting to some viewers because of the baby factory he's been doing lately.

Desus or Mero are not noteworthy solo.

Not really sure who they could get that could enter this void.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Not happy to see most people get canceled, but this wasn't the duo that was going to save CNN.

They gotta go younger. And unfortunately, they may have to go more infotainment. Satire and interview shows with a younger lead at the helm.

I actually thought Charlamagne was going to move into this space, but he's actually pretty bad at scripted segmented television.

Nick Cannon wouldn't be a bad idea, but he might be off putting to some viewers because of the baby factory he's been doing lately.

Desus or Mero are not noteworthy solo.

Not really sure who they could get that could enter this void.
The CNN audience watches for news not entertainment. They made a big mistake going the infotainment route. until CNN gets its mojo back and starts trying to be a real news channel again they’re gonna continue the Donald Trump Townhall debacle killed their numbers. I don’t know if they’re going to recover

The mainstream media coverage of the genocide in Gaza makes it hard to go back to watching channels like MSNBC or CNN. It’s all just obvious propaganda. I tried watching MSNBC this weekend and the news coverage keeps talking about the attack on Israel like it was out of the blue ignoring the fact that Israel attacked an Iranian Embassy and killed their staff. Just pure propaganda talking about how strong Israel is and all that bullshyt.

Vandelay

Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
The CNN audience watches for news not entertainment. They made a big mistake going the infotainment route. until CNN gets its mojo back and starts trying to be a real news channel again they’re gonna continue the Donald Trump Townhall debacle killed their numbers. I don’t know if they’re going to recover

The mainstream media coverage of the genocide in Gaza makes it hard to go back to watching channels like MSNBC or CNN. It’s all just obvious propaganda. I tried watching MSNBC this weekend and the news coverage keeps talking about the attack on Israel like it was out of the blue ignoring the fact that Israel attacked an Iranian Embassy and killed their staff. Just pure propaganda talking about how strong Israel is and all that bullshyt.
I won't say I'm not a fan of infotainment, because it does have it's place. The problem is there was always an inherent flaw in a 24 hour news channel...there just ISN'T enough news to fill up a 24 hour, 12 hour or even a 6 hour news cycle. There's probably an average of 2 hours of news a day.

The format itself isn't really sustainable. That's how you get the talking head/speculation nonsense of 8-11 primetime pundit garbage.

CNN doesn't really pull major numbers unless there's a war or a pandemic going on. That's something until recently the world has been trying to minimize.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I won't say I'm not a fan of infotainment, because it does have it's place. The problem is there was always an inherent flaw in a 24 hour news channel...there just ISN'T enough news to fill up a 24 hour, 12 hour or even a 6 hour news cycle. There's probably an average of 2 hours of news a day.

The format itself isn't really sustainable. That's how you get the talking head/speculation nonsense of 8-11 primetime pundit garbage.

CNN doesn't really pull major numbers unless there's a war or a pandemic going on. That's something until recently the world has been trying to minimize.
Talking heads are fine so long as they’re credible. I don’t want “what does Ja rule think” on CNN.

Vandelay

Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Talking heads are fine so long as they’re credible. I don’t want “what does Ja rule think” on CNN.
But the talking heads (not MTP, FTN roundtables etc) have become political dinner theater on the cable news stations. I would argue that's even more toxic than the "let's ask Ja" pieces, because most people don't realize it's theater. Everyone knows "Ja" et al isn't really a respected political opinion.