Charles Barkey and Gayle King land CNN show

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
They need to go younger. Surprised they didn't after someone like Charlamagne or even Trevor Noah...they probably hollered at Trevor now that I think about it. But they need to go younger who's at least semi-informed on issues and can make it entertaining. Gayle, Kobe shyt aside; is a decent reporter, but she ain’t bringing nobody with her.

This gonna be an awkward-ass dynamic with her and Chuck.
Hiring Charlamagne would be as worse as hiring Charles, definitely would be worse than hiring Gayle. Younger people don’t mess with news organizations like that so it’s hard to hire any of them without worrying about possible backlash. I mean there was a time when younger news people could work their way up and get jobs like this… People be wanting celebrities in these seats though smh. One guy that’s already working at CNN that I would pick is Omar Jiminez. I don’t think that’s happening anytime soon though.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
That money that was thrown at him from that Saudi Arabia company that he turned down got him looking for other opportunities outside of Inside the NBA :mjgrin:

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Hiring Charlamagne would be as worse as hiring Charles, definitely would be worse than hiring Gayle. Younger people don’t mess with news organizations like that so it’s hard to hire any of them without worrying about possible backlash. I mean there was a time when younger news people could work their way up and get jobs like this… People be wanting celebrities in these seats though smh. One guy that’s already working at CNN that I would pick is Omar Jiminez. I don’t think that’s happening anytime soon though.
I'm focusing on a pure ratings standpoint. Charles is popular because of the platform, not necessarily him. Charlamagne on the right platform can bring millennials over, because he'sthat type of crossover personality. The Hell of a Week or whatever is lowbudget as shyt so it's not going to do anything. Had he got that show on HBO, he probably would've left The Breakfast Club before Yee.

Gen Z doesn't seemingly give a fukk about news yet, so I don't think there is anyone CNN could hire to attract them.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I'm focusing on a pure ratings standpoint. Charles is popular because of the platform, not necessarily him. Charlamagne on the right platform can bring millennials over, because he'sthat type of crossover personality. The Hell of a Week or whatever is lowbudget as shyt so it's not going to do anything. Had he got that show on HBO, he probably would've left The Breakfast Club before Yee.

Gen Z doesn't seemingly give a fukk about news yet, so I don't think there is anyone CNN could hire to attract them.
You might be right, but I think people would kill the CNN deal like how they got the HBO show killed. I don’t think people watch Comedy Central like that so he’s good over there for right now. People hate CNN and hiring him might not bode well for them.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Well who else can they hire? People want Don out of there and according to people here they’re trying to go more right. Charles and Gayle are talked about a lot. Maybe this will help them, maybe it’ll bomb.. We will see..
Charles Barkley should not be on the news

Probably not Gayle either

Nvm from what @Charles Foster Kane said this is like some good morning today fluff

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
This sounds like it could be viral on the regular. I kind of wanna watch and I haven't been on CNN in like a decade like that