"Chapter III,Vol I: The Jalen Hurts Era" **Official Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread 2022**

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware

Great ep. Short of it is our talent is carrying our team but we will only go as far as coaching takes us. Especially on defense as they said our defense is way too predictable. Sure Saints only put up 13 but we just saw cowboys week b4 hang a bunch + that could easily be 50+ with vs chiefs or bengals

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

Great ep. Short of it is our talent is carrying our team but we will only go as far as coaching takes us. Especially on defense as they said our defense is way too predictable. Sure Saints only put up 13 but we just saw cowboys week b4 hang a bunch + that could easily be 50+ with vs chiefs or bengals

Bills offense doesnt scare me that much. Dont wanna see Brady, ARod or Mahomes with that much time in the pocket though

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Bills offense doesnt scare me that much. Dont wanna see Brady, ARod or Mahomes with that much time in the pocket though
We just saw Dak put up 77% completion percentage with just Ceedee Lamb and Dalton was near perfect for a whole half. Any QB scares me when Gannon runs that dumb ass zone or has the receivers 30 yards off when playing man :hubie:

All the teams that have beat us or gave us fits just throws in the middle and eats up clock.

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
We just saw Dak put up 77% completion percentage with just Ceedee Lamb and Dalton was near perfect for a whole half. Any QB scares me when Gannon runs that dumb ass zone or has the receivers 30 yards off when playing man :hubie:

All the teams that have beat us or gave us fits just throws in the middle and eats up clock.

Maybe Gannon is not showing his full hand. Come playoff time, he can catch a lot of teams off guard if he ups the man coverage when they are expecting a heavy zone team.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Maybe Gannon is not showing his full hand. Come playoff time, he can catch a lot of teams off guard if he ups the man coverage when they are expecting a heavy zone team.
Glad someone is more optimistic than me :pachaha:

The issues with his scheme have been there all year and now that the duration of the season + injuries are piling up it’s getting exploited. I’m doubtful that he changes tbh

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
Glad someone is more optimistic than me :pachaha:

The issues with his scheme have been there all year and now that the duration of the season + injuries are piling up it’s getting exploited. I’m doubtful that he changes tbh

Lol,defense was bad against Dallas but he adjusted first half to second half.

Saints game, the defense did their job.

I have observed through the season that he does make adjustments at half time.

To be honest, Steichen makes me more nervous with his avoidance to run the ball at times until its too late.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Lol,defense was bad against Dallas but he adjusted first half to second half.

Saints game, the defense did their job.

I have observed through the season that he does make adjustments at half time.

To be honest, Steichen makes me more nervous with his avoidance to run the ball at times until its too late.
Gannon def makes the adjustments at the half but a team like the 49ers can be hell if they control the clock on us. The blueprint to beat us is keep our offense off the field. He’s gotta put his players in better situations and be a bit more aggressive. We have the talent.

I’m with you 100% on steichen. I feel like Jalen covers up some of his deficiencies but with Lane out he’s gotta tighten up. In addition to not running the ball why the hell isn’t he using Quez to stretch the field? Basic shyt like that

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Gannon def makes the adjustments at the half but a team like the 49ers can be hell if they control the clock on us. The blueprint to beat us is keep our offense off the field. He’s gotta put his players in better situations and be a bit more aggressive. We have the talent.

I’m with you 100% on steichen. I feel like Jalen covers up some of his deficiencies but with Lane out he’s gotta tighten up. In addition to not running the ball why the hell isn’t he using Quez to stretch the field? Basic shyt like that

Minshew doesn't have the arm to get those stretch passes to Watkins. I always said coaching was going to hold this team back not Hurts. I am afraid when the playoffs start that they will get outcoached.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
FlaehtaXwAQSefM

(Eagles lose first back to back games of the season. Fall to 13-3) (Jalen, I felt the same way)

*Eagles fall to 13-3 and tie the 2004 and 2017 Teams total Records
*#1 NFC BEAST, #1 NFC CONFERENCE, #1 RECORD IN THE NFL
*Minshew Mania falls flat - Gardner fails to win a game during Jalen's Absence. Worst Offensive Performance of the Season
*Eagles Offense held to the lowest points of the Season
*Eagles D Makes History - After Brandon Graham's two sacks, The Eagles Defense became first team in NFL History with 4 Defenders with Double Digit Sacks.
*Andy Dalton improves to 4-0 Career Record against the Eagles. Saints Eliminated from Playoffs the same day.
*As the NFC BEAST TURNS - Boys improved to 12 wins for the 2nd Straight Season still locked in the 5th Seed Wild Card. GMen blowout The Colts and clinch Playoff Berth for the first time in 6 years, are now locked into the 6th Seed. Washington goes back to Wentz and is Eliminated from the Playoffs after loss to Browns.

Hope everyone had a good New Years. Obviously the game was the disaster and not the way I wanted to start out 2023 but it's all good. Losses at the end of successful season do happen mostly because starters are being rested. The Birds got the injury bug sadly. Minshew really only had one job. Steer the ship for 2 games. At the very worst go 1-1. The opposite happen. He went 0-2 and lost back to back games for the first time in the Season. And honestly, his performance can be blamed for both L's. In Dallas the Offensive Turnovers helped Dallas score 20 more points. In This game, again turnovers gave the other team points. This is what seperates Jalen's play. He just doesn't turn the ball over. He also sustains drives. Minshew is in the backup role for a reason. I just lost confidence in him after these two starts. I gave him a pass for the Dallas game because it was a short week. There is ZERO excuse for this game. I don't want to hear jack sh!t about the Defense. I've gone in on Gannon this season but it's time to give props, this Defense did it job. They got multiple Sacks, A Pick and held Dalton and that Saints Offense to 13 points the entire game. The Eagles Defense has already broken the Eagles Record and are only 5 Sacks away from breaking the All Time NFL Sack Record. That's just amazing, they were last in Sacks last year I think. Crazy turnaround.

This loss is on the Offense. 10 Points is pathetic. Now don't get me wrong, this Saints Defense is actually pretty good. They've been holding teams to 20 points or less for many games. But Jalen could have put up 25 at a minimum. Now in fairness to Gardner the game plan on O was trash again. No Running game, not using Miles, Kenny or Boston. Matter fact I haven't like the game plan the last 3 weeks. Our Running game is one of our strongest aspects. You always have to keep that part of the game. Everything has been Pass, Pass, Pass, Pass for 3 weeks now. Enough. Bring the balance back. LOL @ Andy Dalton being 4-0 against us. Through all these years, he's had our number. This was definitely the most disappointing loss of the season. Washington I understood and Dallas Jalen wasn't there. This one was literally on a platter. Minshew just needed to put up over 13 points and they couldn't do it. The Pick 6 was terrible too. Probably the worst pass of the Season.

The Bottom line, I don't want to see Gardner unless it's a blowout and he's doing cleanup duty. Well Jalen will now have to play for the Giants game but that's OK. I didn't want him to be off 5 straight weeks before the playoffs. So these will be some much needed reps after the last 3 weeks off. I'm not concerned about the #1 Seed or Division. GMen know they can't move up or down. I expect them to rest some players by the half. I also don't see them losing 3 games in a row. I expect them to take care of business and Jalen finishes the Season with the 14-1 record. Overall these last two weeks are why I will always appreciate Saint Nick. He came in such a huge pressure situation and delivered. Minshew is not Saint Nick. You had one job Gardner. If Jalen didn't build up such a huge 3 game lead who knows where we would be now. Playoffs are on the horizon and getting the Bye Week and #1 Seed is the only goal right now. Sweep the GMen and then regroup for the Playoffs. As for the NFC BEAST. The Boys may have to see Brady again. GMen have to wait to see if they play the Vikes again or San Fran. But congrats to the NFC BEAST Bros. 3 Teams in the Playoffs shows why this was the Best Division in the League. I knew four wasn't going to make it so the Washington/Giants game was for that final spot basically and the G Men got it. Washington should have beat the Browns though. Wentz had his chances to make the playoffs in back to back years now and lost those games.

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
No Daniel Jones, playing some guy making his first start.

I expect the sack record to not be broken now. But at least it's 99.9999999% victory confidence, regardless if Hurts plays or not.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps

Nice little tune-up before the bye, hopefully we can get Minshew and backups in there to start the 3rd.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Maybe somewhat ironically I imagine we will come out throwing the ball deep early and often. Despite Jalen’s injury they want to get up big early so they can pull him. We need our playmakers to make big plays early and get YAC so we can get him out of there early and let the defense finish the game off in pass rush mode.