"Chapter III,Vol I: The Jalen Hurts Era" **Official Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread 2022**

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
We need to address the CB position in the draft. It we cant get anderson we need the best cb in the draft, or jalen carter

We’re gonna trade for Jalen Ramsey in the off season

Hol up, we don't want Bradberry back?

Based on their seasons this year, I was like at all cost they gotta resign Bradberry and TJ Edwards.

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Based on their seasons this year, I was like at all cost they gotta resign Bradberry and TJ Edwards.

we will probably be priced out i feel like. it will be his last big contract and we have to resign the world. someone will break the bank for him

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps

Bradberry turns 30 next summer at a position where that number tends to be a death sentence. If we weren't already paying Slay big money it might make sense to take that risk, as is it just doesn't. Better off using a 1/2 on a young talent to step into that role and/or pouncing when another one year stopgap hits the market (like Bradberry did) rather than committing longterm money like a team with a desperate hole at CB1 will.

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
we will probably be priced out i feel like. it will be his last big contract and we have to resign the world. someone will break the bank for him
Bradberry turns 30 next summer at a position where that number tends to be a death sentence. If we weren't already paying Slay big money it might make sense to take that risk, as is it just doesn't. Better off using a 1/2 on a young talent to step into that role and/or pouncing when another one year stopgap hits the market (like Bradberry did) rather than committing longterm money like a team with a desperate hole at CB1 will.

Options of spending a first or second round pick on a corner or trading for Ramsey with his big contract..

If those are the options, the jury is still out on Bradberry come post season. If he is solid in the postseason, I much rather have Bradberry, proven guy. I'm not ready to give up the luxury of having him as a CB2. I would pay him, those guys don't come around often.

I'm bringing back Epps, CJGJ, Bradberry and TJ Edwards and letting dudes like Kyzir White, Hargrave and Cox walk.

I ain't trying to going back to the days of Sidney Jones, Rasul Douglas, Jalen Mills and Steve Nelson as CB2. They were aight but Bradberry has been a revelation.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
ljj6MXqf

(Dak and the Boys avenge early season Loss against Minshew and the Birds. Eagles fall to 13-2 on the Season)

lsfbre7epizini4jyvoj.jpg

(Jalen had to watch from the sidelines as he deals with shoulder injury.)

PhillySpecialChristmas.jpeg

(The Eagles released Critically Acclaimed Christmas Themed album titled "A Philly Special Christmas" Featuring several players from the Team)

*Birds fall to 13-2 on the Season matching both 2004 and 2017 Teams who appeared in the Super Bowl.
*#1 NFC BEAST, #1 NFC CONFERENCE, #1 RECORD IN THE NFL
*MINSHEW MANIA - Gardner on a short week and minimal playing time goes point for point with Dak and the Cowboys.
*AJ & DEVONTA - It's Official, the Eagles record two 1,000 Yard WR's for the first time in Team History as Devonta passes 1,000 Yards. AJ also increased his career total in Yards.
*GOEDERT RETURNS - Dallas Goedert finally returns from Injury and has 3 Big catches on the day.
*SACK PARTY - Eagles Defense records 6 more Sacks and Pick 6 on Cowboys. Give up most points of the Season.
*THE ROAD STREAK ENDS - Eagles lose their first Road Game in over a Calendar year. They won 9 Straight dating back to last year and 7 straight This year.
*AS THE NFC BEAST TURNS - GMen and Washington both Lose but still lead the Wild Card Race. The Boys cut Eagles lead down to 2 games but still in 5th Seed for the Playoffs.

Honestly.....it's hard to be mad considering the circumstances and Jalen not playing. Gardner even with the mistakes had them on the ropes with Limited playing time on a short week. Winning on the Road is not easy in this League. The Birds managed to do it for over a year. This was the end of a Three back to back to back Road Game stretch. The Birds were very close to sweeping all their Road Games this season. The Boys basically capitalized off our own Mistakes. They scored 20 Points off Turnovers. The Eagles lead the majority of the Game including not one but two 10 point leads. They lead in the 4th Quarter as well. Take away our mistakes and they would have won that game with Gardner. There's no doubt Jalen wins that game. I didn't like the game plan. Gardner threw the ball 40 times and the running game was pretty absent. 4 Turnovers just like the Washington game. Considering they gave the Boys 4 short fields to score 2 TD's and 2 FG's is why they lost the game.

Yes Defense gave up that terrible 3rd and 30 but even that wasn't the deal breaker. Take away The Boys turnover scores and they barely put up 20. I'm not mad at Gardner, he played pretty good on a short week. But I don't think we turn the ball over 4 times with Jalen. That's the key to our success is Jalen protects the ball turnover wise. Jalen also goes on very long drives to help out the Defense. Obviously with more playing time, Gardner could do better but IMO, this showed why we won 13 games with Jalen. I could see Gardner with double digit picks if he played the entire season. Defensive Secondary needs some shifting around, with Maddox injury. Also Lane will be done for the year. So Overall it was a winnable game and Gardner did have them down there in the end. Sadly he didn't punch it in. The Eagles Offense still put up over 450 Yards (More than the Boys) and 34 points is the 2nd highest points scored against the Boys Defense behind Jacksonville. (Ironically the score of this game is the same as the Jacksonville game.)

So again take away the mistakes, they win that game for sure. So props to the Boys for holding serve at home. Also Dak played a very strong game overall. Sadly for you, The Birds were 3 games up and now they are still 2 games up. Next Week Saints Game pretty much ends this. No excuses, just beat the Saints and you've clinch everything. Should Jalen play next week? IMO, Yes. It's not that I don't think Gardner can beat the Saints but we can't lose that game under any circumstance. If Jalen is ready, he should play. Then he can rest for 2 weeks before the Divisional Round. I don't know if Jalen should take 5 straight weeks off before the Playoffs. That's too much. So the Boys are on a collusion Course with Tom Brady in the Bucs it seems. GMen and Washington are just trying to hold on and if they do.....they both will have to deal with Minny and San Fran. Eagles have one mission, get the #1 Seed and Bye Week. What happens Wild Card Weekend has nothing to do with them. They will be waiting in the Divisional. Lastly The Christmas Album came out pretty dope, everyone should check it out.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Critical injuries at the worst time imaginable :unimpressed:
Quez inability to win 50/50 balls touching his gloves and the coaching staff running out of downs before time runs out in a 2 min drill the only two things that really annoyed me