"Chapter III,Vol I: The Jalen Hurts Era" **Official Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread 2022**

Daps
872680.gif

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
Run game is going to hurt, screen game is going to hurt and obviously the intermediate pass game will be affected. Big loss.

I'm curious to see if they buy into the next man up mantra, and how well it works. Might have to start scrapping for wins but getting dubs nonetheless.

Tyree Jackson should be ready to go. He no Dallas Goedert, can't replace that all around talent but he is intriguing to fill in as a vertical pass catching threat.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
1972_Miami_Dolphins_Perfect_Season_President_Obama_White_House_Trip.jpg

(Eagles Perfect Season ends at 8-0 as the 72' Dolphins can now pop those bottles)

*Eagles lose first game of the season to Washington and fall to 8-1.
*#1 NFC BEAST, #1 NFC CONFERENCE, BEST RECORD IN NFL
*Commanders force 4 Turnovers, Eagles lose the Turnover battle for the first time in the season
*Jalen's Historic Streak ends at 11 Straight wins. This was his 4th Time playing Washington during that streak.
*Washington moves to 5-5 and a 1/2 game out of the final Wild Card spot. Still remains Last Place NFC BEAST. Giants move to 7-2, Cowboys drop to 6-3
*Eagles Defense continues turnover streak with another INT and Fumble.

:martin:

I have a lot more to say but I will keep it to myself. Look they left to many plays out there. Still plenty of chances to win the game. After 7 weeks, unfortunately the Old Gannon showed up. He brought pressure out the gate and rattled Taylor. Even got a fumble only for them to just sat back and let him dink and dunk all damn night. Way too many long drives. So props to Washington on the good game plan but Eagles mistakes cost them the game. They've played so much mistake free football all season. As for the Perfect Season....again 8-0 was a fun ride. But it's a very hard thing to do. Each week is like climbing a mountain when you haven't lost. This loss reminds me of the Steelers loss in 2004. The Eagles were rolling at 7-0 and had a let down game against the Steelers. Of course that team would rip off 6 more wins and go to the Super Bowl. Look it happens also clearly the Officiating was horrible. So many terrible calls that actually did shift the balance. The Dallas Facemask was so blatant and he was injured on the play. Also the last call with Brandon they didn't even blow the whistle. Offense didn't get a lot of time on the field so again I blame the Defense mostly for this game.

But its' all good. Many in the Media and yes the NFL got what the wanted. An Eagles loss keeps everything tight in the standings for the #1 Seed. At the pace the Eagles were on, they were about to Clinch a Playoff spot in a few weeks. The Last Wild Card spot is 5-4. The Eagles were about to be up 4 1/2 games. A few more wins and the last Wild card won't be able to catch up. This loss holds that back a few weeks. A good friend of mine asked what I thought the first Loss could be and I told him it would be someone in the Division or Aaron Rodgers. Or near the end of the season because we would be resting starters. I believe this team can still finish with the best record the NFL. NFC BEAST Games you have to throw records out. Crazy things always happen. So props to Washington. They finally got us back after 3 straight losses including one earlier this year. It was a great ride now they just regroup and take it to the Colts. Letdown games happen to the best teams. The Bills have already had a few. KC as well. The Eagles are still in control and own the Tiebreak over Minny. I'm more upset because I feel that was a winnable game. So now they will be coming out like gangbusters against the Colts. I'm very proud of Jalen and the whole team. It was a great Historic Run in Eagles History. We've never had a team start 8-0.

CW99

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Stoll already saw the field a lot because of his blocking, he should be able to hold up fine in the run game and pass protection. Calcaterra and Jackson are the pass-catching projects, we'll see if either can take advantage of the opportunity.
Did Calxaterra get injured thought he was on IR
Decent depth signing. Hopefully this helps our run defense while Davis is out

I was hoping we got a big body in there. He better have eome gas in the tank