"Chapter III,Vol I: The Jalen Hurts Era" **Official Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread 2022**

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That's why it's next to impossible to run the table, that grind week after week is hard enough. At some point you're gonna be sloppy and have some missed calls too, no way around it.

Felt like this kind of game was coming with Indy, TN and GB coming up, would way rather have it happen tonight than against Saturday :mjgrin: I feel way better about the team coming out locked in and smashing them out of the gate next sunday.
just hope sirianni dont fukk around against his former team
but we will see if jonathan taylor eats. colts honestly have a good D too

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
Eagles deserve to lose this game. I said we would learn a lot and they got beat at their own game and the defense lacked physicality which we knew would catch up eventually. The soft game to open the game got them into a rhythm and there was no counter to that.

That doesn't forgive the referees of being an absolute disgrace but thats every game. Coming in I felt kind of shaky about this one and My son called this Loss 2 hours before kick off. He's usually right about Eagles L's smh and if i wasn't so emotionally invested I would've put money on it.

Overall the team showed that when they're down and getting physically punked they're food.

:picard: Damn Brocka, u hard on these Byrds tonight. I saw some fight in them.

I attributed this L to Gannon's bad game plan to start it and bad breaks with the offensive turnovers.

Good lesson learned tho, they have been on cruise control for a few weeks now including this one.

It's best that they got exposed at this point like this cause the tape is out there now to correct. There were lessons to be learned and things to be corrected.

and losing that undefeated tag lifts such a burden.

I hate that it was a divisional game tho.

We ll see wat they are made of coming off an L like that. Tells a lot about them as a group and if they got that make up to make a long playoff run.

Last edited:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Eagles deserve to lose this game. I said we would learn a lot and they got beat at their own game and the defense lacked physicality which we knew would catch up eventually. The soft game to open the game got them into a rhythm and there was no counter to that.

That doesn't forgive the referees of being an absolute disgrace but thats every game. Coming in I felt kind of shaky about this one and My son called this Loss 2 hours before kick off. He's usually right about Eagles L's smh and if i wasn't so emotionally invested I would've put money on it.

Overall the team showed that when they're down and getting physically punked they're food.
so the question is which contenders in the NFL can realistically punk us physically?

there arent any really, especially in the NFC

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
so the question is which contenders in the NFL can realistically punk us physically?

there arent any really, especially in the NFC
That script tonight is exactly what Shanny would picture a perfect playoff game against us as. Control the clock for 40 minutes, pound that rock 40+ times with CMC, Mitchell and Deebo and have Jimmy be a bus driver that just has to make a few timely throws. It's basically how they got to the SB when they beat Minnesota & Green Bay in 2019.

That's why their record remains irrelevant to me, as long as they get in that's our toughest roadblock from a SB.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That script tonight is exactly what Shanny would picture a perfect playoff game against us as. Control the clock for 40 minutes, pound that rock 40+ times with CMC, Mitchell and Deebo and have Jimmy be a bus driver that just has to make a few timely throws. It's basically how they got to the SB when they beat Minnesota & Green Bay in 2019.

That's why their record remains irrelevant to me, as long as they get in that's our toughest roadblock from a SB.
yea in the nfc the niners could be tough
in the afc the titans and maybe the hoe ass bills

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang

Damn Jordan Davis is critical then.:sadcam:

let's not rush that nikka back. Make sure he fully healthy for the games that really matter.

They need to figure out how to stop the run without him.

Last edited:

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
@B1G_controversy happy as hell right now:wow:
no clue why hurts was not the reason we lost

Quez fell down and fumbled after an absolute dime from jalen. goedert almost got his head taken off and fumbled after a screen. that deep ball to AJ hit him in the hands but he couldn't bring it in. let's not even talk about the defense lol. Gannon needs his ass whooped.

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
I really don't get Gannon, he picked a heavy Cover 3 zone scheme against Washington last night. And everybody knew Washington was gonna play keep away running the ball mostly. That Texans game ten days ago really showed a flaw in your defensive scheme that any team with a capable runningback can exploit, he had ten days to adjust and he comes to Monday night with that :wtf:

A team scoring on five consecutive drives is unacceptable and the time of possession in the first half in favor of Washington was ridiculous. I

All the teams have been doing it since the second half of the Cowboys game. Even with Jordan Davis there. And now for three weeks, Steelers and Texans gashed us running and now Washington executed that gameplan to perfection in the first half.

Gannon has to sell out to stop the run on first and second down early in games. I ll take my chances with man coverage with Slay and Bradberry and the slot corner with single high safety help.

Can we get three linebackers on the field to stop the run especially when the other team brings out two tight ends? Can Nakobe Dean get some burn ?

I rather give up the big play than watch guys like Brian Robinson or Dameon Pierce just slowly and methodically eat up the clock and move down the field on us

I never see this guy Gannon consistently run blitz or bring Epps low in the box to cover both gaps. Epps is no box safety but thats the only way to stop teams from exposing us like this.

Gannon gotta be a stubborn MFer.

The blueprint been out to beat the Eagles and that is to eat up clock and keep the Eagles offense off the field cause we can run it on them.

My fear is that Gannon's inability to adjust to teams adjusting to his scheme is gonna cost us where it matters most in the playoffs.

Oh yea don't get me started on why the corners be playing off and not pressing wide receivers on the line on third and more than five. It drives me crazy!!

Last edited:

CW99

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Last night has me scared for that Titans game :lupe:
Clock control and running the ball is the blueprint to beat us now
Derrick henry will murder us I have already come to that conclusion