Chaos in the Middle of a Pandemic: 2020 NBA Off-Season Thread

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
I mean if CP3 gets traded there, he would have to be part of the deal because of his salary. I don't even know what the package would be.

Green, Kuzma, Bradley and Cook?

And McGee. Would have to get Bradley and McGee to opt into their deals first.

chkmeout

marshawn lynch handshake
Daps
Agreed. Except I would be open to Simmons if I was confident I could also trade Westbrook in a separate deal. But I'm higher on Simmons than a lot of people

:camby: ain't time for nikkas who cant shoot at all

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
none of this.

harden does NOTHING when he doesn’t have the ball... literally nothing

and Simmons can’t shoot so when harden wants to dribble the ball to death and play isolation, Simmons is ineffective playing off him
Harden’s game will change on a completely different team and system lol.

OKC Harden was a completely different player.

Harden from McHale to D’Antoni was a different player in Houston.

Simmons will play the 4. He’ll be cutting, posting up, and screening and he will eventually shoot. If you sandwich some shooters between Harden and Simmons their P&R play would be ridiculous.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why Bulls might do it: Horford would reunite with Billy Donovan and be a veteran presence for all their young guys and they get another young piece who might do better in a change of scenery
Nope.
Not trading an expiring contract for that shytty deal.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
You dudes are severely under estimating Harden in the last few pages. Harden right now is still a better version of Luka. The only problem is he is on the wrong side of 30 but he hasn't shown any signs of slowing down as of yet. He's twice the player than Ben Simmons is.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Harden’s game will change on a completely different team and system lol.

OKC Harden was a completely different player.

Harden from McHale to D’Antoni was a different player in Houston.

Simmons will play the 4. He’ll be cutting, posting up, and screening and he will eventually shoot. If you sandwich some shooters between Harden and Simmons their P&R play would be ridiculous.

So you’re telling me the rockets didn’t try to get him to be more active playing off the ball?

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
none of this.

harden does NOTHING when he doesn’t have the ball... literally nothing
You're misinterpreting what I said ...he doesn't need to do anything besides hold his man at the 3 point line ...Ben is statistically one of the best generating open 3's for his teammates and Harden shoots those off the catch at a high clip 41% ...he doesn't need to be Klay Thompson/Reggie Miller running around off pin downs to be effective next to him

and Simmons can’t shoot so when harden wants to dribble the ball to death and play isolation, Simmons is ineffective playing off him
What does ben not shooting have to do with James dribbling to death?? ... Everyone doesn't need to be able to shoot next to Harden because he can pull up off the dribble from 30 feet ... unless you trap him at half court like the lakers did Ben not shooting doesn't matter much and even if you were not sag off of Ben he's an excellent cutter and forceful finisher at the rim

Overall the fit is excellent...calling it a bad fit is like saying Draymond is a bad fit next to Klay/Steph ...they both would benefit from each others strengths

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune

Dec. 22 start:
– Dec. 1 training camps begin for three weeks
– Three-to-four preseason games
– 72-game regular season
– 14 back-to-back games per team
– 25 percent reduction in travel
– All-Star Break for six days in early March
– Regular season ends around May 16
– Play-in tournament for the Nos. 7-10 seeds in the Eastern and Western Conference
– Playoffs begin around May 22
– Finals finish around July 22

Jan. 18 start:
– Camp opens on Dec. 28, for three weeks
– Three-to-four preseason games
– 60-game regular season
– 12 back-to-back games per team
– 25 percent reduction in travel
– All-Star Break for six days beginning around April 9
– Regular season ends in June
– Play-in tournament for Nos. 7-10 seeds in Eastern and Western Conference
If 72 games: