Chaos in the Middle of a Pandemic: 2020 NBA Off-Season Thread

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

Shaq's the wrong guy to be saying this since he only won chips with other alpha dogs like Kobe and T Wade that felt that they were as good or better than him when he was supposed to be the man.

I think they should run it back and test the waters again. They need a guy who can defend AD/Jokic type players, Zubac is good but they don't trust him to do it. If they can do that, and get another quality scoring guard, I think they'll be in okay shape

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap

Pathetic ass bitter talk from Shaq :hhh:

This that dumb shyt. So role players and bit players are supposed to be professional and invested in the team, play their parts and get little to none of the glory, yet are also supposed to act like they're just fans or something when they win? Shaq needs to shut up.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
This that dumb shyt. So role players and bit players are supposed to be professional and invested in the team, play their parts and get little to none of the glory, yet are also supposed to act like they're just fans or something when they win? Shaq needs to shut up.

Yup shyt is corny but I’m not even shocked. Shaq is one petty dude.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
Eh MLK Day start makes more sense. Especially for the teams that were in the bubble. But the teams that didn’t play in the bubble would have had 9 months off so I see why they would want to start back up quickly.

Daps
I get tired of hearing about this every year. Dude is most of the time not even in the playoffs. It feels like he gets some type of star treatment because he’s always on a teams “radar” but the pelicans never pull the trigger so it makes him seem more valuable than he is.

not saying he’s straight up trash because if the mavs could trade for him without giving away our best guys then I’d gladly accept him on the team as a 3 or 4 option but this “who’s gonna get holiday” talk is always annoying

he gets a lot of respect from his peers as a 2 way player tho, many top tier scorers also mentioned that Jrue is one of the toughest defenders ever to guard 'em ... prolly why these trade rumors always come up

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If it does start on Christmas I wonder what the lineup would be :jbhmm:

Bucks-Heat
Nets-Celtics
Clippers-Lakers
Warriors-Rockets
Mavs-Nuggets

Would be my best guess.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know the league is so pressed about trying to center the start of its season on Christmas, with all that's still left uncertain and not finalized.
Opening night tv ratings, regardless of when it falls, will always draw a bigger audience than normal.