tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
James Wiseman Considered By Many Execs To Be One Of Safest Players In Draft
OCT 13, 2020 4:48 PM

Wiseman_James_mem_191109.jpg

James Wiseman has been impressive in workouts and Sam Vecenie of The Athletic writes that "a lot of executives I’ve spoken with actually consider Wiseman to be among the safer players in the draft."

Wiseman's combination of size, length and athleticism projects him to be a starting caliber center. The center position has been devalued in recent years with fewer true stars playing the position as well.

"Ultimately though, I do think Wiseman is more likely to go somewhere in the top-five than just about any other prospect," writes Vecenie.

SAM VECENIE/THE ATHLETIC
The top 3 IMO should be between 3 players:

wiseman
Hayes
Maybe Vassell

Tbh I've been thinking for a few weeks now that if Giannis were to leave, Dallas & Golden State make way more sense than Miami, who seems to be getting the most hype. Let's be honest, do Butler & Bam‘s skillsets compliment his game better than Luka & KP or Steph & Klay?
Like I said in another thread, Giannis can’t be a Warrior unless another team wants to see it happen for Golden State.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The top 3 IMO should be between 3 players:

wiseman
Hayes
Maybe Vassell

Like I said in another thread, Giannis can’t be a Warrior unless another team wants to see it happen for Golden State.

True, I overlooked their salary cap situation.

I’d imagine they’d have to dump Wiggins & Draymond to offer the max

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Tbh I've been thinking for a few weeks now that if Giannis were to leave, Dallas & Golden State make way more sense than Miami, who seems to be getting the most hype. Let's be honest, do Butler & Bam‘s skillsets compliment his game better than Luka & KP or Steph & Klay?

Golden State makes sense from a personnel standpoint but I don’t see how they finesse a move that big. Anything is possible tho they a quality organization. And I agree, Dallas makes sense also but I wouldn’t try to sell him on Kristaps as the main point. They’ve got great shooting, coaching, and play pretty sound defense so he’d be a nice fit.

Miami makes sense because they offer a lot of what Dallas offers except you can argue that White Bron is better than Jimmy but on the heats it’s more clear cut that Giannis is the superstar and best player. Got shooters and a nice complimentary big to play next to.

Lakers of course are always in the mix, if Kostas can convince him how good he’s got it in LA it might sway him to join AD as the second superstar post LeBron.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Golden State makes sense from a personnel standpoint but I don’t see how they finesse a move that big. Anything is possible tho they a quality organization. And I agree, Dallas makes sense also but I wouldn’t try to sell him on Kristaps as the main point. They’ve got great shooting, coaching, and play pretty sound defense so he’d be a nice fit.

Miami makes sense because they offer a lot of what Dallas offers except you can argue that White Bron is better than Jimmy but on the heats it’s more clear cut that Giannis is the superstar and best player. Got shooters and a nice complimentary big to play next to.

Lakers of course are always in the mix, if Kostas can convince him how good he’s got it in LA it might sway him to join AD as the second superstar post LeBron.

But again that’s my thing, I don’t think Butler & Bam’s skillsets compliments Giannis’s game offensively.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
But again that’s my thing, I don’t think Butler & Bam’s skillsets compliments Giannis’s game offensively.

I think they do, Jimmy is a flexible player and Bam has a nice lil midrange game going. Factor in the shooters and defense and that’s a sick squad fr. Giannis can do like Bron and refine his game in this setup.

Last edited:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think they do, Jimmy is a flexible player and Bam has a nice lil midrange game going. Factor in the shooters and defense and that’s a sick squad fr.

Sure, it’s definitely possible I could be overthinking the potential spacing issues. Still though I like Dallas better. Even if you can’t rely on Porzingis to stay healthy, I think him & Luka could be nasty

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Sure, it’s definitely possible I could be overthinking the potential spacing issues. Still though I like Dallas better. Even if you can’t rely on Porzingis to stay healthy, I think him & Luka could be nasty

You can’t go wrong in either scenario. I just think between the two the heats is a more intriguing scenario. The one issue is that Giannis isn’t a strong post player. If he was then he’d be perfect. Embiid might be an even better fit for Miami than Giannis but I still think Giannis would work great. The defense would lead to easy fast break points and Giannis in the open court with a full head of steam is basically what they had with Miami Bron minus the elite passing skills.