Chaos in the Middle of a Pandemic: 2020 NBA Off-Season Thread

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Team would be super deep if the hood would have opted in. Damn it sucks he did that I don't understand...I don't think he gets more than 6 million a year anywhere else.
Maybe not more than six but maybe he can get 2 years 4 million or 3 years five million from someone. Or maybe he sneaks to the Lakers. Him and Lebron played together in Cleveland. If not Wesley matthews hood makes sense

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
he asked for cp3

he asked for Westbrook

then after a year he wants them traded
I don’t think he wanted Westbrook traded. Timeline doesn’t add up. I THINK Harden has been training with Durant/kyrie and others. Him and Westbrook saw their coach AND gm let go for cheaper alternatives. I think word got out Harden would like to go to the nets and probably wasn’t keeping that extension. Russ gets the heads up snd asks for a trade first last weekend. Harden is quiet as the rockets haven’t talked to them both fully yet. The market for Russell Westbrook is absolutely trash and harden isn’t getting another star in Houston if Russ is gone. Same thing happened to Oladipo who they said was telling other teams he wanted to joint them. No other team wants to trade for him and suddenly he’s buddy buddy with Indiana even though he wants a new deal and they not giving him the money he wants. Russ has even less trade value and the rockets likely only getting a salary dump and MAYBE a pick for him but not a lotto pick. Finally they talk to harden and he tells them point blank he not signing an extension and he wants to go to Philly or nwts. Houston is being cheap as fukk with their broke ass owner and harden doesn’t want to be stuck as the highest paid player on a team with nothing full of guys who rather go play for legit contenders or go get paid themselves. PJ tucker wants more money, Russ wants to be the man in another market (probably knicks or Charlotte with MJ) Rivers is gone, Robert Covington already gone, and boom.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Team would be super deep if the hood would have opted in. Damn it sucks he did that I don't understand...I don't think he gets more than 6 million a year anywhere else.

Doesn't necessarily mean that he thinks he'll get more money. It's possible that with CJ/Trent there, Covington coming in, and maybe Melo coming back he may try to find a team where he’ll have a larger role.