Chaos in the Middle of a Pandemic: 2020 NBA Off-Season Thread

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
-Multiple league sources told The Athletic that Harrell’s current annual value on the market is somewhere between $8 million to $12 million, depending on the team, his role and the length of contract.

-That’s a steep decrease from The Athletic’s report in December that Harrell sought a contract in the range of $20 million annually. Some league personnel even suggested he could play his way into a front-loaded, short-term deal worth around $25 million annually for a smaller-market team looking for an emerging young center. That’s clearly no longer the case.

Clippers’ offseason to-do list: Assessing their free agents and roster options

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So many players are gonna opt in.

I'm really not sure why anyone wouldn't. FA as we know it, might be on pause for the next couple years. If not longer. At least after next season, you should have a better idea of what's going happen with the cap.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
You Casuals make me laugh with these buzzwords that you learned on first take like "untradeable".... Alllll until boom just like that *breaking news* WOJ reports: Blake Griffin/CP3/Wiggins etc etc moved

Stick to 2k little nikka..

I agree people being untradable is typically blown out of proportions

but there’s no way they’re trading horford with that contract as part of a package and turning him into a positive value Jrue holiday

Richardson’s trade value took a hit with a pretty lackluster season in philly

at best they’d do a swap with another similar bad contract that may be a better fit for their team

Conley comes to mind but Utah wouldn’t be interested because gobert and horford make no sense together

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
1. Leverage works both ways brutha ... The pelicans have to decide whether they want to resign a 31 year old Jrue Holiday and WHT that contract would look like/ or let him walk for nothing or trade him for value... That predicament also gives teams looking to aquire him leverage as well because you're not trading for a guy secured locked up long term

2.Teams are trying to get better... You can be "cute" and do all of this extra shyt trying out leverage teams all you want and miss an opportunity to get better... We've seen GM's try to outsmart themselves several times before doing just that so sure that's possible ... But history tells us that no contract in the NBA is "untradeable"... Sure they'll have to incentivize the deal within reason but... They'll find a partner if they really want to make a move :yeshrug:

Maybe..maybe not... Nobody is claiming this as a done deal but I wouldn't be so definitive in your proclamations as we've definitely seen more surprising moves than trading away a veteran player for a younger asset..

From who..let's really talk about it? Jrue Holiday is going into his year 31 season and is going on being a free agent... That means most teams looking to pick him up are more than likely going to be contenders...now outside of the Warriors (which would be complicated).. I don't particularly know of a bunch of contenders that have the assets to make a move on Jrue... But I'm definitely open to being wrong on that...maybe you can shed some light :hubie:

so you’re insulting people while arguing horford is the best the pelicans can do for jrue?

might be time to look in the mirror lil buddy

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I agree people being untradable is typically blown out of proportions

but there’s no way they’re trading horford with that contract as part of a package and turning him into a positive value Jrue holiday

Richardson’s trade value took a hit with a pretty lackluster season in philly

at best they’d do a swap with another similar bad contract that may be a better fit for their team

Conley comes to mind but Utah wouldn’t be interested because gobert and horford make no sense together
I didn't say that they were going to make this trade or that it was close or any of that... All I was saying was that based on what was being reported from sources inside the NBA there clearly seems to be some sort of mutual interest and these are the reasons a deal between the two would make sense ... That doesn't mean it's a lock that anyone is moved but there's a possibility something happens...

As far as Jrue is concerned the fact is he's making 26 million dollars next year and due to Ingrams cap hold the pelicans are going to be a team over the cap..which means any trade involving Jrue will have to match his salary... I'm not sure where you or anyone else thinks he's getting traded without the pelicans having to take back a large sum of money... Thats not how it works

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
so you’re insulting people while arguing horford is the best the pelicans can do for jrue?

might be time to look in the mirror lil buddy
Where did I say that Horford was all that they would be getting back lol... nikkas reduced to making shyt up looking pitiful.... Anyways...You could simply answer the question posed regarding other realistic trade options instead of rambling tho tbh:yeshrug:

But I see you've avoided doing that

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Griffin is way too smart to tie up his cap space to al horford

let’s be real
Same David Griffin that gave Tristan Thompson & JR Smith a combined 135 million over 5 years:francis: you're right he's a true basketball wizard

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
1. Leverage works both ways brutha ... The pelicans have to decide whether they want to resign a 31 year old Jrue Holiday and WHT that contract would look like/ or let him walk for nothing or trade him for value... That predicament also gives teams looking to aquire him leverage as well because you're not trading for a guy secured locked up long term

2.Teams are trying to get better... You can be "cute" and do all of this extra shyt trying out leverage teams all you want and miss an opportunity to get better... We've seen GM's try to outsmart themselves several times before doing just that so sure that's possible ... But history tells us that no contract in the NBA is "untradeable"... Sure they'll have to incentivize the deal within reason but... They'll find a partner if they really want to make a move :yeshrug:

Maybe..maybe not... Nobody is claiming this as a done deal but I wouldn't be so definitive in your proclamations as we've definitely seen more surprising moves than trading away a veteran player for a younger asset..

From who..let's really talk about it? Jrue Holiday is going into his year 31 season and is going on being a free agent... That means most teams looking to pick him up are more than likely going to be contenders...now outside of the Warriors (which would be complicated).. I don't particularly know of a bunch of contenders that have the assets to make a move on Jrue... But I'm definitely open to being wrong on that...maybe you can shed some light :hubie:
Leverage works both ways but in this case Sixers have none..Philly has the worse contract that they are desperate to get off, Pelicans have the better player who is sought by many contenders. There are much cheaper stretch 5s available for Pelicans.