Chaos in the Middle of a Pandemic: 2020 NBA Off-Season Thread

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
And why would New Orleans do that?

1. Josh is 4 Years younger and 15 million dollars cheaper and gives similar production

2. Jrue can become a free agent next summer

3. Horford and his ability to defend/shoot would fit really nicely next to Zion... On top of that Favors is a free agent... So they have no starting center

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
1. Josh is 4 Years younger and 15 million dollars cheaper and gives similar production

3. Horford and his ability to defend/shoot would fit really nicely next to Zion... On top of that Favors is a free agent... So they have no starting center
Phillies will need to add a lot of picks/assets if they want to get it done. I agree with Horford helping Pels but the fact is Horford has a horrible contract and Pelicans are not gonna bail them out for free + give them a good player in Jrue. Also Jrue is way better than J Rich.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding

You’re an idiot... Horford is borderline untradable and you think they’ll get Jrue for him?

and Richardson was not good last year

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

A year ago, this coulda had some merit to it, but Josh is a downgrade from Jrue (and Richardson could be a free agent next summer also), so Philly would have to add 2 firsts to make Ferry think about it.

Now if acquiring Horford made sense for New Orleans, then they might as well give Jaxson Hayes to Philly because keeping him would just guarantee that he'll be a bust. NO would be more prudent in signing a cheaper C while letting Hayes get an opportunity to become a part of the rotation.

I just think a third team gotta be involved for something like this.

Last edited:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Phillies will need to add a lot of picks/assets if they want to get it done. I agree with Horford helping Pels but the fact is Horford has a horrible contract and Pelicans are not gonna bail them out for free + give them a good player in Jrue. Also Jrue is way better than J Rich.

"Horrible" is an exaggeration... It's horrible to be paying him that much for the role he plays in Philly but he would likely be valuable for the pelicans over the next 2 years... His contract actually declines over the next 3 years and the 3rd and final year isn't even fully guaranteed only like 12 mill is... Considering the facts that:

1. They were willing to pay 18 million per year for Favors I don't think paying 27 million for a better player that can actually be on the court in the 4th quarter is a bad thing

2. Ingram and Ball need to be paid which will greatly reduce their cap space over the next few years anyhow... But even if they did have that space..I don't think they would attract difference makers via free agency... Personally I don't see that as their path to getting better

3. I didn't call Richardson Jrue's equal I said he's 4 Years younger cost 15 million less and isn't an upcoming free agent...if the pelicans want to sign a 31/32 year old Jrue to a long term extension because they believe that he's just that much better than Josh that's totally their prerogative

4.I'm sure Philly wouldn't mind throwing in a little protected pick along with those two to sweeten the pot... :yeshrug:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
You’re an idiot... Horford is borderline untradable and you think they’ll get Jrue for him?

and Richardson was not good last year

You Casuals make me laugh with these buzzwords that you learned on first take like "untradeable".... Alllll until boom just like that *breaking news* WOJ reports: Blake Griffin/CP3/Wiggins etc etc moved

Stick to 2k little nikka..

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
A year ago, this coulda had some merit to it, but Josh is a downgrade from Jrue (and Richardson could be a free agent next summer also), so Philly would have to add 2 firsts to make Ferry think about it.
I doubt it @ bolded... He's not that much of a downgrade to command 2 fist... Unlike most salary dumps Josh and Al are actually players that can be useful... And you're correct about Richardson's deal but I doubt he'll command the price tag of Jrue... But New Orleans may be willing to pay him... Even at 31 because he has been great for that franchise :yeshrug:

Now if acquiring Horford made sense for New Orleans, then they might as well give Jaxson Hayes to Philly because keeping him would just guarantee that he'll be a bust. NO would be more prudent in signing a cheaper C while letting Hayes get an opportunity to become a part of the rotation.

Jaxson Hayes is likely not that much of a factor in this equation imo..he's likely 2 years away from being a reliable starter anyways ... He can't shoot or be relied up to score at this stage of his career... I honestly question the longterm fit of a non stretch 5 next to Zion all together tbh... But you have a point... They could go find a Mid Level Exception type vet center to serve as placeholder

I just think a third team gotta be involved for something like this.
Perhaps

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
"Horrible" is an exaggeration... It's horrible to be paying him that much for the role he plays in Philly but he would likely be valuable for the pelicans over the next 2 years... His contract actually declines over the next 3 years and the 3rd and final year isn't even fully guaranteed only like 12 mill is... Considering the facts that:

1. They were willing to pay 18 million per year for Favors I don't think paying 27 million for a better player that can actually be on the court in the 4th quarter is a bad thing

2. Ingram and Ball need to be paid which will greatly reduce their cap space over the next few years anyhow... But even if they did have that space..I don't think they would attract difference makers via free agency... Personally I don't see that as their path to getting better

3. I didn't call Richardson Jrue's equal I said he's 4 Years younger cost 15 million less and isn't an upcoming free agent...if the pelicans want to sign a 31/32 year old Jrue to a long term extension because they believe that he's just that much better than Josh that's totally their prerogative

4.I'm sure Philly wouldn't mind throwing in a little protected pick along with those two to sweeten the pot... :yeshrug:
It is horrible for Philly and that is all that matters, every team will have leverage when it comes to trading for Horford or Tobias Harris. They know Horford is rotting on that team with their best player disgruntled because team is not doing enough to win.

Also Pelicans think of Jrue higher than what most ppl would think so they are not giving away one of their prized assets for a bad contract and Josh Rich who doesn't bring much compared to Jrue. A lot of teams are interested in Jrue and he is most likely the best player available on the trading block right now. Pelicans can get a much better deal.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
It is horrible for Philly and that is all that matters, every team will have leverage when it comes to trading for Horford or Tobias Harris. They know Horford is rotting on that team with their best player disgruntled because team is not doing enough to win.
1. Leverage works both ways brutha ... The pelicans have to decide whether they want to resign a 31 year old Jrue Holiday and WHT that contract would look like/ or let him walk for nothing or trade him for value... That predicament also gives teams looking to aquire him leverage as well because you're not trading for a guy secured locked up long term

2.Teams are trying to get better... You can be "cute" and do all of this extra shyt trying out leverage teams all you want and miss an opportunity to get better... We've seen GM's try to outsmart themselves several times before doing just that so sure that's possible ... But history tells us that no contract in the NBA is "untradeable"... Sure they'll have to incentivize the deal within reason but... They'll find a partner if they really want to make a move :yeshrug:

Also Pelicans think of Jrue higher than what most ppl would think so they are not giving away one of their prized assets for a bad contract and Josh Rich who doesn't bring much compared to Jrue.
Maybe..maybe not... Nobody is claiming this as a done deal but I wouldn't be so definitive in your proclamations as we've definitely seen more surprising moves than trading away a veteran player for a younger asset..

A lot of teams are interested in Jrue and he is most likely the best player available on the trading block right now. Pelicans can get a much better deal.
From who..let's really talk about it? Jrue Holiday is going into his year 31 season and is going on being a free agent... That means most teams looking to pick him up are more than likely going to be contenders...now outside of the Warriors (which would be complicated).. I don't particularly know of a bunch of contenders that have the assets to make a move on Jrue... But I'm definitely open to being wrong on that...maybe you can shed some light :hubie: