Championship Titles That Actually Deserve Asterisks?

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Imagine this shyt happening today in a game of 1 vs 2 -

"Miami quarterback Steve Walsh pumped twice and threw a pass to running back Cleveland Gary, who caught the ball just inside the 5. He was quickly hit, and he fell at the 1-yard line, where he lost control of the ball as he ended up at the goal line.

Notre Dame's Michael Stonebreaker recovered the ball at the 3 and the Irish took over, but not before a great deal of confusion among the officials, apparently about what call should be made.

Walsh and Johnson both said officials told them that Notre Dame was getting the ball on downs, even though Gary needed only to reach the 4 for a first down and had done that.

Johnson said it was difficult to find out what the officials were deciding on the field.

"I was trying to get their attention to tell them, but there was so much confusion," Johnson said. "I just wish they would have discussed it.

"It obviously wasn't a fumble," he said. "The end zone replay was very clear. Cleveland Gary caught the ball and was hit falling into the end zone. The only question was whether his knee went down at the 1 before the ball got across the plane of the goal line. The ball came out after it hit the ground.

"That's the first time I've ever been involved with a call that was ever so critical, so important. Instead of (Miami) receiving a touchdown, the other team got the ball."

An unnamed official who worked the game admitted that the call had been wrong, according to a report in the Miami News. The newspaper said the official is from the Collegiate Independent Football Officials Assn. and asked not to be identified because the officials group does not permit them to make comments on their calls."

:snoop:
They ruled turnover on downs or a fumble when he was clearly down and 3-4 yards past the marker? Yeah their wallets got fatter off that call.

Carlos Huerta

Just keep my rep red
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They ruled turnover on downs or a fumble when he was clearly down and 3-4 yards past the marker? Yeah their wallets got fatter off that call.
The fumble was never even in question. They said he was down, but it was a turnover on downs.

I mean - to this day I don't get how Jimmy didn't go crazy on them. Like really fukkin crazy.

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
The fumble was never even in question. They said he was down, but it was a turnover on downs.

I mean - to this day I don't get how Jimmy didn't go crazy on them. Like really fukkin crazy.

Man Miami really really should've won about 5 outta 6 from 86-92 they got jobbed bad vs ND and throw in the Testaverde fiasco vs Pedo State. Miami and FSU were the top teams as far as pound for pound talent in that era along with ND. Nebraska and Oklahoma started trending downward Miami and FSU were giving them midwest boys that work come bowl season back then.

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold

Jimmy probably checked out after this game that was as blatant a fukkup and season killer I would want nothing to do with the sport.

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
These young bucks don't understand the way Miami got hosed would cause the Coli to shutdown if it happened in 2015.

People sleeping on my Colorado mention people don't understand how fluky they championship season went. That Missouri shyt was a complete botch and it's crazy cause the game was only televised on local affiliate so no one really saw the game as it happened. They've shown the game on ESPN Classic during anniversaries and I still trip out. People that fukk with CFB now don't understand how shady shyt was back in the 70s-90s so many fake ass champs it makes me laugh.

shyt to not come off as a homer i'll even throw 93 FSU into the discussion as far as * I don't considering FSU beat a murderers row of teams that year. I was waiting on an ND fan to chime in and take bait but that 93 FSU/ND shyt was legit serious I see both sides of the argument. I will always show love to BC till the day I die for November 20,1993 41-39 :blessed:

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
grab-2015-02-01-22h01m34s214.jpg

/thread.

TL15

Veteran
Daps

Man from that angle it looks like it is about to be back to back for the Hawks. I know it was a bad play call but looking at it from here that's a 50/50 ball at worst with the WR having a ton of space to work with. Helluva play

and BTW no asterisk on this one though :ufdup: no "controversy" externally... breh just wanted it more :manny:

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man from that angle it looks like it is about to be back to back for the Hawks. I know it was a bad play call but looking at it from here that's a 50/50 ball at worst with the WR having a ton of space to work with. Helluva play

and BTW no asterisk on this one though :ufdup: no "controversy" externally... breh just wanted it more :manny:

Asterisk because they should have ran. :mjcry: