Championship Titles That Actually Deserve Asterisks?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
:ehh: good call

As a non bias Nole' fan I think its also safe to say their 1996 team should get that *. I think well all know FSU should have been National champs that year.

Also their 2006 team as well should have been OSU vs UM part 2

So technically UF should have zero ships :lolbron:
:russ:

b. woods

Peace
Daps
osuumad.png

:laff:

Silkk

Daps
Their series against the Kings is generally regarded to be poorly officiated in the Lakers' favor.

One of the referees that officiated the series is an indicted cheater who has claimed that the NBA rigged it.
Then why not rig it for them in 03 & 04? :duck:

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
Then why not rig it for them in 03 & 04? :duck:
As far as the NBA rigging outcomes, I agree that it's unlikely. But don't count out Tim Donaghue, the indicted cheater who was gambling on outcomes who officiated it.

When you watch the series it's pretty apparent that there were some horrendous calls against the Kings in key situations that can't be explained by logic.

Silkk

Daps
As far as the NBA rigging outcomes, I agree that it's unlikely. But don't count out Tim Donaghue, the indicted cheater who was gambling on outcomes who officiated it.

When you watch the series it's pretty apparent that there were some horrendous calls against the Kings in key situations that can't be explained by logic.
Im not seeing it, that series was called as it should have been :mjpls:

DaRock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Took the beating like men and kept it moving. It's 2015 and yall still talking about how lucky Ray Allen's, the current greatest shooter of all time's, shot was... :snoop:

All the while deflecting that the reason why Ray had a chance to make that shot was because the Spurs couldn't make free throws....

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Lakeshow one, where Stern allowed Donaghy to throw CWEBB Kings under the bushes:childplease::what::shaq2::birdman:

Carlos Huerta

Just keep my rep red
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whole game was im gonna watch in full again on a chill day. Young bucks don't remember how heated those games were back then ND at home stayed getting gifts
Imagine this shyt happening today in a game of 1 vs 2 -

"Miami quarterback Steve Walsh pumped twice and threw a pass to running back Cleveland Gary, who caught the ball just inside the 5. He was quickly hit, and he fell at the 1-yard line, where he lost control of the ball as he ended up at the goal line.

Notre Dame's Michael Stonebreaker recovered the ball at the 3 and the Irish took over, but not before a great deal of confusion among the officials, apparently about what call should be made.

Walsh and Johnson both said officials told them that Notre Dame was getting the ball on downs, even though Gary needed only to reach the 4 for a first down and had done that.

Johnson said it was difficult to find out what the officials were deciding on the field.

"I was trying to get their attention to tell them, but there was so much confusion," Johnson said. "I just wish they would have discussed it.

"It obviously wasn't a fumble," he said. "The end zone replay was very clear. Cleveland Gary caught the ball and was hit falling into the end zone. The only question was whether his knee went down at the 1 before the ball got across the plane of the goal line. The ball came out after it hit the ground.

"That's the first time I've ever been involved with a call that was ever so critical, so important. Instead of (Miami) receiving a touchdown, the other team got the ball."

An unnamed official who worked the game admitted that the call had been wrong, according to a report in the Miami News. The newspaper said the official is from the Collegiate Independent Football Officials Assn. and asked not to be identified because the officials group does not permit them to make comments on their calls."

:snoop: