Chadwick Boseman chosen as Thoth for 'Cacs of Egypt'

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Hollywood is always doing this, and it has become acceptable in our society

acceptable as in it'll probably do well in the box office no matter how much we protest.

its ok for whites to play almost every race/background out there but the reverse can't happen

2003_Once_in_Mexico_256.jpg

william dafoe as a Mexican :snoop:
They just told him to grow a mustache and dye his hair and called it a day

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Honestly, an enterprising young black filmmaker should seriously take this up as a project. Perhaps a kickstarter could work? I'm sure there are alot of talented folk that could make this happen, assuming the script is on point.

Kuro

Tru grit
Daps
a movie set in europe 5000 years ago would be way more intriguing...the history textbook i bought my freshman year in college dont have any info on europe before the greek...i think a big budget hollywood film set in europe before 1900 bce would be interesting and educational--:skip::troll:...i just dont see how a movie set in ancient africa with a mostly white cast makes sense...

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
You think they would give a huge budget and NOT have whites in the lead roles?

You guys DO know that Hollywood is a business right? You think they give a full about the truth?
Shiieet, I don't either. If I want a movie with real shyt I'll go watch so national geographic. But until then I want to see big epic movies for my entertainment.
:snoop: