Celebrate: 20 Years Midnight Marauders

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Q-Tip's Instagram

Don't compare them, because the magic of ATCQ was the two together. As Questlove said in the ATCQ Documentary, their voices and way of rhyming just fits perfectly together.
nikka please, I'm comparing them.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
GOAT group album

Till this day Outkast and ATCQ never dropped a bad album IMO, 1A and 1B for GOAT discographies

Stankonia was half meh. Speakerboxx Love Below was flat out bad.

Jesus - how'd I forget Idlewild!

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Opinions will always differ, but I always thought that this was a PERFECT hip-hop album.

Like, sonically, track placement, everything....this album lacks in absolutely no area.

Not saying it's the ONLY perfect hip-hop album...but it's damn sure one of them.

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Stankonia was half meh. Speakerboxx Love Below was flat out bad.

Jesus - how'd I forget Idlewild!

I liked Stankonia great album, and Speakerboxxx Love Below had plenty of piff on it, Idlewild was average, none of those albums are bad, bad is let's say KC, BP3, Nastradamus, (Only comparing great rappers to them)

the rhyme king

truth.com
Daps
Reppin
i refuse to conform
well jungle brothers and de la soul came out before tribe called quest.
Me Myself and I (classic and might be one of my favorites of all time) came out before Bonita Applebum too.

yea de la soul is easily better then tribe imo because they dropped classic albums after the 90's imo tribe did'nt imo.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Copped this album the 1st day it came out I was a Jr in high school.Left during lunch break and copped the tape and walked home listening to midnight marauders on my walkman as soon as steve biko came on :banderas:

Clap ya hands
8 million stories
Lyrics to Go
Keep it Rollin
Award Tour
Steve Biko

are my favorite tracks.This album is classic and a top 3 hip hop album of all time.I was highly anticipating this album in 93 cuz the low end theory was mad dope

Last edited:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I liked Stankonia great album, and Speakerboxxx Love Below had plenty of piff on it, Idlewild was average, none of those albums are bad, bad is let's say KC, BP3, Nastradamus, (Only comparing great rappers to them)
Stankonia did have some great songs on it, but it also had a lot of forgettable material. Coming off three excellent albums in a row, it was a huge disappointment.

I'm listening to the double album now, I didn't like it back in 2003 and it's sounding pretty awful now.

Nobody liked Idlewild.