• Total voters

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I look at it like this if we're talking comedy, acting, music, cleverness and overall movie, Fear is better. No debate. Clearly.

But CB4 had the better looking film in terms of cinematography and it had by far the most memorably character in Gusto and probably more quotables in terms of just moments and scenes people remember.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Never heard of fear of the black hat

What’s the meaning behind the title
Spin off of "Fear of a Black Planet" from Public Enemy. They were called NWH (nikkas with Hats). It's a parody movie on NWA (And gangster rap music of that era) just like CB4. Fear was written and came out first though but both dropped the same year.

They made fun of everyone from Spike Lee to John Singleton to Ice T, to LL Cool J to PM Dawn to C&C Music Factory

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia

There’s a part in the movie when they’re explaining it. I don’t want to ruin it but it’s funny as fukk and does sound like the kind of convoluted nonsense a rapper would say sometimes to make themselves seem hard and smart at the same time.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!

I don't know what the meaning was back then but in IT someone who is labelled a "black hat" is out to commit malice for personal gain (ie a black hat hacker).:yeshrug:

It's a double entendre I guess, they are relating the term of being a criminal black hat to being a black men and society being scared of them.

That's all the logic I could come up with.:ehh::yeshrug:

Makes sense.:yeshrug:

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410
fear of a black hat is underrated whenever it alluded to them killin the old manager that shyt was funny, and the parody songs where all funny, lol fukk the security guard, its a rap spinal tap I like the concept, I probably seen cb4 more often because it used to air on tv and I don't really recall that happening too much with foabh, but it was more clever I think, though I found both entertaining