Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Fear of a Black Hat

Votes: 42 52.5%

• Total voters

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not expecting people to have seen it when it came out if you were only 2 but it's been 25 years since then and it's fairly easy to get, even on DVD still, it's even on blu ray now. it must be quick and easy to download as well. Maybe CB4 has stayed in the mainstream mind more because of Chris Rock but Fear is the better movie IMO
I can't remember that far back, but wasn't CB4 always the more popular film?? You'd have to ask somebody who was older when these films came out though, I was a preteen still.

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
CB4

The fact that this poll is even close is embarrassing

"Black Hat" had a point to make and it made it....over and over and over again the same point until it ran it into the ground

CB4 made Hip-Hop laugh at itself it was playful, funny, had a good message overall and most important was a actually a good movie

"Black Hat" had its head so far up its own ass that it was barely even funny after a (short) while

People barely mentioned BH at the time let alone now for a reason

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I can't remember that far back, but wasn't CB4 always the more popular film?? You'd have to ask somebody who was older when these films came out though, I was a preteen still.

CB4 was by fa more popular. It had a wide release and had Chris Rock when he was still the man for black comedians.

Fear of Black Hat sat on the shelf, was an indy/limited release...I don't even remember ads/trailers for the flick. The only thing I remember was the Ice Froggy Frog video being in rotation on BET for a short while...it reminded me and others of Weird Al/In Living Color parody videos, it was still hilarious.

I watched it during it's Showtime premier my Freshman year of high school, so '94-'95. I went in to class like "yooo did you ever see Fear of a Black Hat." The handful that seen it loved it.