Cavs playing hard AF and looking like a 6th seed Appreciation Thread

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Look who's talking :heh: you made a posting career off hating Kobe so you've adopted this niche of hating the Warriors because you know they're the only ones to de-throne the anti-kobe LeBron you've adopted as your hero. You'll be in any and EVERY thread throwing shade at Golden State. Your team is the fukking Suns you've got no horse in the race
This all makes sense now:mjlol:

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
I don't know about that nikka fam. He comes off as lazy and entitled.

Dude blew it with me when we were 10-10. He got hurt but when he was cleared he decided to come back on his terms. shyt bothered me to no end.
I haven't watched many of yall games But I was hoping he was buying in and starting to come around for y'all. His prima donna ways worked well in college but he gotta tone it down in the pros:mjcry:

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.
You are in a thread about basketball and I brought up the team that beat your team two years ago in the finals and y'all beat in the previous championship series and likely will face each other for a third time and you acting like a thot that got a train ran on her, then got married, and want to act holier hen thou now :hhh:

New year new me ass nikka
Repped :laff:

Mad Good Dro

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even the last 2 years :dwillhuh:
My problem with the it is its not actually an mvp award and more of most outstanding player of the year award.

They need to either make the mvp Most outstanding player award, or make a new one

Statistically lebron is the most valuable player EVER to his team , if we going off the terms of value to his team, nobodies been more valuable than lebron to the team's success besides durant in 2014 the past 6 seasons IMO..

What curry did in 2016 whats great, but warriors still would have been championship contenders without him, evidenced by him playing shyt almost the whole playoffs and the gsw still only losing in 7 games in the finals

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
Cavs were +18 in the 39 minutes when Lebron was on the court.

They were -23 in the 9 minutes when Lebron was off the court.

Exact same thing happened in the Miami game - +12 in 39 minutes with Lebron, -22 in 9 minutes without Lebron.

JR looked like absolute shyt in his first game back, Love is still out, D-Will, D-Will, and Korver can't figure out how to be incorporated into the offense at all if Lebron is on the bench, and any lineup without Lebron plays awful defense.

Either they'll figure this out when they get their full roster, or Lebron is playing 48 minutes/game in the playoffs.

Maybe Cavs should get players that fit Kyrie's playstyle rather than filling up the entire roster with players that fit alongside Lebron. :ld:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Maybe Cavs should get players that fit Kyrie's playstyle rather than filling up the entire roster with players that fit alongside Lebron. :ld:

Yup, it's just "playing style" that's the issue. :dead:

In the last three years, this team has had defensive-focused big men (Tristan, Varejao, Birdman), big rim-stoppers who could score inside (Mosgov), stretch fours (Love, Frye), well-rounded swingmen (Jefferson, Derrick Williams, Marion), 3-and-D swingmen/guards (Shump, JR, Delly, Liggins), elite shooters (James Jones, Korver, Miller), no-D scorers (McRae, Felder, Waiters), and fellow point guards (Mo Williams, Deron Williams).

Lebron has made lineups work with literally all types of those pieces (though some, like the no-D scorers, worked less well than others). What does Kyrie need to work with? Its not like this team wasn't being built around him before Lebron got there...what happened? Is this one of those, "If we could have a dream lineup where the other GMs conspired to give us the best five guys in the league to match with Kyrie, it would all work out" sort of things? Yeah, and I'm sure Lebron would win 82 games with Conley-Kawhi-Ibaka-Turner, but that's a pointless exercise.

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
Yup, it's just "playing style" that's the issue. :dead:

In the last three years, this team has had defensive-focused big men (Tristan, Varejao, Birdman), big rim-stoppers who could score inside (Mosgov), stretch fours (Love, Frye), well-rounded swingmen (Jefferson, Derrick Williams, Marion), 3-and-D swingmen/guards (Shump, JR, Delly, Liggins), elite shooters (James Jones, Korver, Miller), no-D scorers (McRae, Felder, Waiters), and fellow point guards (Mo Williams, Deron Williams).

I'm going to you right here.

Vag is trash and not on a team because of it. He was waived because of it. He wasn't good.

Birdman was been washed for awhile.

Mozgov is not a rim stopper as he's too slow for that, he's good at one on one defense but he's no elite rim protector.

Well rounded wingman? Marion was washed and DWill/Jefferson are anything but well rounded. Rich is a 3 point shooter and DWill is a hustler that can score, but he's not good at anything let alone "well rounded". :mj4

Liggins isn't shyt and Delly was Kyrie's backup. James Jones gets no playing time, he's not an elite shooter and Miller was again washed by the team he got there.

All these players outside of the bigs you named are all there to shoot 3's for Lebron and that's what the majority of them do. DWill runs the break with Lebron. These guys aren't versatile and that's why most of their stints prior to Lebron failed because they needed Lebron to excel(not all of them, but most of them) and depend on him for open 3's. They ain't shyt without Lebron and these players weren't added because of what they can do without Lebron, they were added based on how they'd function with Lebron.

Lebron has made lineups work with literally all types of those pieces (though some, like the no-D scorers, worked less well than others). What does Kyrie need to work with? Its not like this team wasn't being built around him before Lebron got there...what happened? Is this one of those, "If we could have a dream lineup where the other GMs conspired to give us the best five guys in the league to match with Kyrie, it would all work out" sort of things? Yeah, and I'm sure Lebron would win 82 games with Conley-Kawhi-Ibaka-Turner, but that's a pointless exercise.

Kyrie needs elite defenders and great insider scorers, he's got neither.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Kyrie needs elite defenders and great insider scorers, he's got neither.

If elite defenders and great inside scorers were a dime a dozen, I'm sure the Cavs would love to have some. That IS exactly what they were looking for with Mosgov and to a degree Shump, and they got the best available. But this team was being built around Kyrie for three years before Lebron even got there, and how many of those elite defenders and great inside scorers did they pick up in that time? I guess that's when they took fliers on Deng and Bynum....otherwise that's the exact time they were picking up Waiters and Bennett and Tristan.

The truth is, you pick up two max-contract players like Lebron and Kyrie, you don't have that much else to work with. Add in TT as a near-max (and Kyrie as much as Lebron NEEDS TT's rebounding and versatile defense), and your flexibility is pretty shot. The Cavs are 2/3 built around guys who other teams didn't want - Shump, JR, Korver, Frye were traded for literally nothing, Jefferson was supposed to be retired, D-Will was waived, Derrick Williams, McRae, Liggins, Felder were unsigned or D-leaguers. Who are the inside scorers and elite defenders that can be got for those prices?

Obviously the one guy I haven't mentioned is Love, who Lebron did want. But if Rubio was able to make things work with love as a scorer, why not Kyrie? I agree that Love exacerbates Kyrie's defensive issues - I doubt anyone really believed he'd be as bad as defense as he is. And, again, Kyrie needs a rebounder.

The givens on this team are Kyrie-Lebron-TT. Those are the givens regardless. If Kyrie is really a superstar, he needs to figure out how to work with SOME version of the pieces that are left. He doesn't need to excel, just stop hemorraging fukking 20 points in 8 minutes. If he could get that down to just 2-3 points or every five minutes against the other team's fukking 2nd unit, that would be fine.

p.s. - I have been advocating for the last year that the Cavs trade Love for almost any PF with better defense and even mediocre scoring. At the right time they probably could have even gotten a backup defensive guard or big man thrown in with the deal.

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
nikkas lost to the Pistons tonight. :mjlol:

Going 8-9 in January really destroyed the mystic of this team. :russ:
The difference between any team LeBron James is on (Cavs, Heat or Cavs again) and the Warriors is that they have LeBron.

LeBron, besides being on an underappreciated-now-but-will-never-be-duplicated-again string of Finals appearances, has the ability to make his team mates WAY better during the Playoffs, Finals and specifically (and here is where the Heat and Cavs with LeBron are so different from the Warriors) when they have their back against the wall and everybody wants them to lose.

No team in history gained more fans in a short period based on the hate for the success of another player than the Warriors.

The average bandwagon Warriors fan would've now been a Clippers fan had the Clippers beat the Cavs.

What does it say about people when the average person who does not live in Oakland becomes a Warriors fan because they are uncomfortable with and jealous of the greatness of a black athlete?

Yes. This goes for black bandwagon fans too.

Same mf'er that is trying to mess up your career at work, same person that becomes a Warriors fan.

Haters gon' hate.

Cavs in 6.

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.
The difference between any team LeBron James is on (Cavs, Heat or Cavs again) and the Warriors is that they have LeBron.

LeBron, besides being on an underappreciated-now-but-will-never-be-duplicated-again string of Finals appearances, has the ability to make his team mates WAY better during the Playoffs, Finals and specifically (and here is where the Heat and Cavs with LeBron are so different from the Warriors) when they have their back against the wall and everybody wants them to lose.

No team in history gained more fans in a short period based on the hate for the success of another player than the Warriors.

The average bandwagon Warriors fan would've now been a Clippers fan had the Clippers beat the Cavs.

What does it say about people when the average person who does not live in Oakland becomes a Warriors fan because they are uncomfortable with and jealous of the greatness of a black athlete?

Yes. This goes for black bandwagon fans too.

Same mf'er that is trying to mess up your career at work, same person that becomes a Warriors fan.

Haters gon' hate.

Cavs in 6.
Man what are you talking about :what:

:boogienah: