Castlevania TV Series - Netflix (Official Thread)

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's Japanese anime in origin but was in limbo there then it got picked up by Netflix and reworked by Warren.

Are you saying CASTLEVANIA TV series originated as Japanese anime, and then was in limbo, which lead to Netflix saving it? Or are you talking about VAMPIRE HUNTER D?

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Are you saying CASTLEVANIA TV series originated as Japanese anime, and then was in limbo, which lead to Netflix saving it? Or are you talking about VAMPIRE HUNTER D?
No. I actually learned this a couple minutes ago when I was reading about Lisa's background.

Lisa

Project 51 Productions obtained the rights from Konami to create movies based on Castlevania. Their planned project is a direct-to-DVD feature covering the story of Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, with Lisa as one of the secondary characters. The project lay dormant for many years and was later picked up by Netflix, and renamed simply, "Castlevania." The 4-episode mini-series was released on July 7, 2017. It has been greenlit for a second season with twice as many episodes.

The script writer, Warren Ellis, posted a short outline on the production blog of the movie involving Lisa. The scene involves "Dr. Lisa Fahrenheit" treating a person's cough in her house located a short distance from the village.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
That aint my Alucard
AlucardEyes.gif

The Bird of Hermes Is My Name
Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

People complaining about this only being 4 episodes be glad I remember when Hellsing Ultimate first dropped it took 6-7 months between each episode to drop back in 2006. It took 6 years for 10 episodes to drop.

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It's Japanese anime in origin but was in limbo there then it got picked up by Netflix and reworked by Warren.

Show Origins

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
That aint my Alucard
AlucardEyes.gif

People complaining about this only being 4 episodes be glad I remember when Hellsing Ultimate first dropped it took 6-7 months between each episode to drop back in 2006. It took 6 years for 10 episodes to drop.

I caught up with that series after all that drama. And :picard: that redo must have been worth the wait for the fans. Top five most savage anime I've ever seen.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
That aint my Alucard
AlucardEyes.gif

they aint ready :wow: