Cassie Files Civil Suit Against Puffy. UPDATE: Suit settled in ~24 Hours

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
ya'll need to listen to this cat on the real. SA cases are NOTORIOUSLY hard to win criminally. And still hard in Civil court but the threshold is much lower and plenty of people just end up settling.

The bolded is ESPECIALLY true. As Curren$y once said "these detailed lyrics is way too intricate to be made up". Even if there's some yeast in the story, there's a lot of truth in for the level of detail here.
How many ppl in here are accusing her of lying? I'm asking bc I haven't read every post.

But the ones I've read most ppl think he's guilty. And yes, there's tok much detail to be fake

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps

Puff’s a wild dude. Cam wawas staying

People saying money grab like going up against a wealthy person with Ben Brafman on retainer, plus a half dozen other heavy hitters on his legal team is an easy payday. Puff could probably get a former US Attorney for Southern District to handle this. Geoff Berman or Audrey Strauss. Bunch of those people are in private practice now.

There's no promise she wins this if it makes it to trial.

I know that a lot of people in general life don't know these things. Who and where and what these places and people are. But, this notion that filing a civil case against even a garden variety multi millionaire is some easy payday is ludicrous. She has top representation, and her case would have been screened for weaknesses, the idea that someone like her attorney is going to file a frivolous suit is just a nonstarter.
Completely agreed. I’m sure she’s accrued a lot of evidence over the years. This thing might get bloody.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps

Yep. This breakdown is perfect and explains what a few of us tried to say up thread. She was a silly 19YO who was drawn to the glitz and glamor, and by the time she realized she was in over her head she was pretty much trapped.

It’s like being a battered housewife with no real world skills. Most stayed because they literally didn’t have a way to provide for themselves if they left.

She literally left Diddy with his employee, and I’m sure she loves him, but she still needed a man to take care of her. Same with Kim Porter. It wasn’t like JLo who experienced the drama and ran away because she had her own career to sustain her.

Cautionary tale.

Daps
How many ppl in here are accusing her of lying? I'm asking bc I haven't read every post.

But the ones I've read most ppl think he's guilty. And yes, there's tok much detail to be fake

I don't think she's lying about what happened. I think she's lying when she says she was forced. I think she was with it until she wasn't with it anymore. And then she left.

She didn't mind the "abuse" as long as she was able to reap the rewards of being with Diddy. Now that she has been cut off from the money, she wants to make it seem as if she was a mixed up child at the time and was taken advantage of.

And she's obviously filing a civil suit cause she wants to get paid.

Which is funny when folks say that "she said she turned down an 8 figure bribe so it can't be about the money :damn:"

And its like... "idiot... what do you think a civil suit is? Of course it's about the money. The only way your argument works is if she filed criminal charges, not a civil suit."

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ

Scipio

Pro
Daps
Daps