Case # 22 on why I can't mess with MS Xbox Div right now

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Why will it be a habit, its not like a new console gets released every time a new game come out.

Making a habit of releasing unfinished games and letting companies release the rest of the content via "DLC". Microsoft has made companies rush to put games out before(the cut content just got bushes status). To the point they've had to cut whole campaigns and such(granted those games never popped off like that, but still, M$ has done it before).

They're pushing this for launch, but I remember one of their studios admitting they rushed a couple games out way back in the early 360 days trying to push cross-platform gaming between 360 and PC.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
but if a meteorite comes through my roof and takes out my TV I can still play Minesweeper

minesweeper-scratch-off-card.jpg

If the Kool Aid man comes through my wall I can still play Knack long as he doesn't pull out the power plug. :troll:

Big Suge Knight

Runner of Thangs
Daps
Reppin
Compton California

Nope. There's nothing wrong with a game that requires the aforementioned because the game console itself which it runs on requires a TV and electricity. This game we're talking about requires internet also to even work. Thanks for proving my point. :stopitslime:
So once you finished the campaign for Last of Us, did you try the online mode? What do you play nowadays, that mode or are you going thru the campaign for a 10th time :popcorn: COD was pretty popular this gen, you think it would still be the top game this gen if it didn't have online? I'm sure you understand what I'm getting at. Thats why I understand why you will play dumb. Thats a terrible way to e-live :sadcam:

:childplease: No, I would never hang up and call my girl back if I heard her fukking on the phone. If I called and she picked up by accident and I heard her getting her ribs touched I'd probably just play Uncharted while listening. :ld:
:wtf:
it sucks so many people on the internet don't have internet :to:
I laughed my fukkin ass off when I read this :thumbsup:
Making a habit of releasing unfinished games and letting companies release the rest of the content via "DLC". Microsoft has made companies rush to put games out before(the cut content just got bushes status). To the point they've had to cut whole campaigns and such(granted those games never popped off like that, but still, M$ has done it before).

They're pushing this for launch, but I remember one of their studios admitting they rushed a couple games out way back in the early 360 days trying to push cross-platform gaming between 360 and PC.
Oh, so Microsoft made a company rush you say? I guess sony/ea/activision/every other company in existence hasn't done the same :stopitslime:

As for the launch game, what game are you talking about :popcorn:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Forza Motorsport 5 Install, Offline Details Clarified - IGN

"In the beginning of the game, the player will be racing against Drivatars that are contained on the disc and were trained by the [Turn 10 development] team," Greenawalt said. "While playing, the player will be asked to connect to Live in order to download a completely fresh set of player-created Drivatar opponents – it’s not a lot of data, but the download contains enough Drivatars to cover all difficulty settings. Connecting will also download new content – but the vast majority of the launch content is contained on the disc.

"This download is simply additional cars and tracks. The gameplay is not blocked while downloading the additional content; it’s done in the background just like disc install."

Sory Sony fanboys, I guess y'all lost that one:manny:

Big Suge Knight

Runner of Thangs
Daps
Reppin
Compton California
Where's the outrage at? lol
I'm outraged bruh :birdman:
I don't want no damn extra content and more driving personalities to drive against, fukk that.
Then they gonna make me download Driveatars of people from the Coli :damn:
We'll have Coli Forza Championships where NOBODY actually plays :wow:
So it really only matters for those without internet?

Still not buying:jawalrus:

I hear Killer instinct will be less that $60, hopefully its an arcade $20 game :noah:
Don't forget the free version cuuuuuuz :suge:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-18-gran-turismo-6-will-have-a-large-day-one-patch

Gran Turismo 6 will receive a sizable day one patch upon its release this December, with updates set to roll out in a support period scheduled to last 12 months.

With Gran Turismo 6 reliant on patches and updates to deliver its features and content, Yamauchi addressed the idea of the series moving towards acting as a service in the future rather than a boxed product, and whether Gran Turismo 7 could be released in a Prologue version that expanded over time.

"I think you're sort of right in that we've really changed how we make games now. Even now when we're near the end of development [on Gran Turismo 6] we're still creating features that will be provided in this game in updates later on. I think it's a possibility that one day these types of update will be continuing for our titles. More recently, the speed of our output is much, much faster."

:mjpls:

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
Forza is fully playable without the patch.

GT sounds like it isn't.

Are you outraged? Are you not messing with Sony anymore?
Give me time to read it, and if that is the case then yes I will be pissed, because this is bullshyt, especially coming from a dev, that isn't making a launch title.

EDIT: I read the article and nowhere within the article does it mention anything about being unplayable, just a day 1 patch.