Carmelo and La La on cover of "Black Love" Ebony Mag. edit-thoughts?

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
Because it's so hard to find "black" couples for Ebony Magazine:comeon:

Stop acting dense like y'all don't know what many black americans consider "black". These women are legitimately "black and"

Would Lala or Mariah be the first people that came to your minds when the word is mentioned :mjpls:?

:comeon: I swear, nikkas are the only ones so all inclusive but it always comes to bite us back in the ass

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Because it's so hard to find "black" couples :comeon:

Stop acting dense like y'all don't know what many black americans consider "black". These women are legitimately "black and"

Would Lala or Mariah be the first people that came to your minds when the word is mentioned :mjpls:?

:comeon: I swear, nikkas are the only ones so all inclusive but it always comes to bite us back in the ass

:camby:

drifter

Superstar
Daps
:laff: @ u calling these niccas a Hispanic couple...yall be killing me :laff:

Bruh Carmelo is Dominican and La La's last name is fukking Vasquez

FOH
555322240.gif

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
When I think black love, I think of:

obama10207_narrowweb__300x387,0.jpg

emmitt-smith-wife-pat-smith-leliacheley.jpg

dat nikka won :banderas:

harold-washington.jpg

wsmith_jada_GL_22apr09_pa_b_592x888.jpg

I always think AA when I think about it, so yeah, to me at least, it's kind of weird that they're not really AA. But whatever though, I'm not a subscriber :manny:

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
Mariah Carey ain't shyt and doesn't consider herself black. She has said countless times that she is mixed race, which is fine, but don't call her love "black love" because she doesn't call herself black.

At least Lala identifies with being black.

She was on the George Lopez show and said she considers herself black although she acknowledges her mixed ancestry :umad:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
When I think black love, I think of:

obama10207_narrowweb__300x387,0.jpg

emmitt-smith-wife-pat-smith-leliacheley.jpg

dat nikka won :banderas:

harold-washington.jpg

wsmith_jada_GL_22apr09_pa_b_592x888.jpg

I always think AA when I think about it, so yeah, to me at least, it's kind of weird that they're not really AA. But whatever though, I'm not a subscriber :manny:
Obama is a half Kenyan though. Black to you means African-American, right? Going by your logic he isn't black.

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
It's simple to me. Hispanic women, while I have no problem knocking boots with them, will claim black when they feel it's to their advantage. And they will throw a black man with no Hispanic heritage under the bus QUICK FAST when they see fit.

So no, I'm good with these part time sistas who'll use their good hair and light complexions to get in good with the other side at the twist of a curl being representatives of black love.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls

I was already outta this muthafukka before you replied :heh:

No other people freely adopts mixed people as readily as blacks. That's not a negative, but let's be real and acknowledge the extra responsibility for a community that's already in an identity crisis.

Basically, they aren't what pop in my mine when I think about the quintessential black woman, and I won't front about it :yeshrug: