Carlito's Way or Scarface?

Carlito's Way or Scarface

• Carlito's Way

Votes: 52 49.1%
  • Scarface

Votes: 54 50.9%

• Total voters
Daps
Scarface is a much more influential movie to the young wannabe thugs and drug dealers but Carlito's Way is a much better film in every aspect and I feel has a high replay value.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love both movies...their both classic...anyone who says otherwise is an idiot...It really could go either way for me. I know alot of people will say Carlitos Way just because its the more underrated of the 2. I don't think either is far superior than the other. I think the thing that would put Carlitos Way slightly ahead of Scarface for me would be that it accomplished the same thing that Scarface accomplished in a much shorter movie. Blood soaked epics that chronicle a rise and fall of power. Both are thoroughly entertaining. Both fulfill you to the point that when you finish the movie you felt like you have been watching a long ass epic. Your almost mentally exhausted from it all... In Scarface's case it really is a long ass epic. While in Carlito's Way its only 144 minutes.

carlitos way wasnt a rise to fall epic.

This whole movie is about carlito wanting to leave the streets behind once and for all. he wants to take his money, retire, and bounce to an island to live out the rest of his days. the true goal for grown men :win: the last thing carlito wants is violence. on the other hand scarface craves it. the two characters are extremely different as are the movies themselves. we dont "see" carlitos rise. we hear stories about it and know he ran spanish harlem but we dont "see" it. the movie starts with him leaving jail and on his way home, on his fukkin way home he gets pulled right back in.

like michael in gf3 " Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in"

what a great movie

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Scarface is a much more influential movie to the young wannabe thugs and drug dealers but Carlito's Way is a much better film in every aspect and I feel has a high replay value.

this pretty much sums it up. if i was sellin drugs id prob look up to tony montana like the rest of you clowns.

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
carlitos way wasnt a rise to fall epic.

This whole movie is about carlito wanting to leave the streets behind once and for all. he wants to take his money, retire, and bounce to an island to live out the rest of his days. the true goal for grown men :win: the last thing carlito wants is violence. on the other hand scarface craves it. the two characters are extremely different as are the movies themselves. we dont "see" carlitos rise. we hear stories about it and know he ran spanish harlem but we dont "see" it. the movie starts with him leaving jail and on his way home, on his fukkin way home he gets pulled right back in.

like michael in gf3 " Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in"

what a great movie
They are different characters...obviously...i never said they arent. But Carlitos Way as a movie by itself is a rise and fall and we do see it.
He was at his lowest...he just got done serving 5 years...but he wound up taking that money from his cousins botched drug deal, buying the night club, getting his girl...putting his whole crew on and being a boss...even if he was trying to get out the life and wasnt a gangster he still had the money and the power.
Then he fell..."Sorry boys, all the stitches in the world can't sew me together again"
No its not in the same role or rise as Tony Montana...but it was a rise nonetheless...Yea we know he had power that was like Tonys before he went to jail...but thats not part of the movie...and not what I was referring to

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Carlito's Way is great but Scarface is just too epic. We literally watch his rise and fall from being a dirt poor immigrant to being the biggest drug kingpin in Miami to going out guns blazing.

Damn near everything about it iconic like snorting the mountain of coke, killing his best friend, the gigantic hot tub, the World is Yours blimp, shoot-out in a suit and M-16 wit noob tube. Not to mention damn near everything Tony says is a quotable. It's not even close IMO :smugdraper:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
scarface for me. it is much less realistic and much more symbolic movie than carlitos way...but the way its so epic in its basic symbols....it's just :king:

carlitos way is nice, great acting all around, etc...but for a realistic/dramatic movie theres way too many cliches. in scarface those cliches are supposed to be cliches because the whole thing is cliche, if it makes any sense :laugh:

carlitos way...is a very good movie with a cliched and averaged at best plot and great acting.

scarface is a giant metaphor for acquiring power and its impact on society. and to me, far more memorable for that.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Carlito's Way is great but Scarface is just too epic. We literally watch his rise and fall from being a dirt poor immigrant to being the biggest drug kingpin in Miami to going out guns blazing.

Damn near everything about it iconic like snorting the mountain of coke, killing his best friend, the gigantic hot tub, the World is Yours blimp, shoot-out in a suit and M-16 wit noob tube. Not to mention damn near everything Tony says is a quotable. It's not even close IMO :smugdraper:

So pretty much it was just a more "gangster" movie and that's why u think its better right?

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Someone else said it in the thread but Scarface is the ultimate guys flick. But I always thought Carlito's Way was a much better movie. shyt I even thought the love story in there was tolerable.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
So pretty much it was just a more "gangster" movie and that's why u think its better right?

No its just my opinion why it's better. It has way more memorable lines, scenes, and the ultimate story about power. Carlito's Way is good but not better. Just like Goodfellas is great but not better than Godfather IMO.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
'Scarface' is iconic, but also over the top, cartoonish, kind of a lurching movie, with very few likable characters. I find it harder to watch because Montana is such a jackass. I don't sympathize/idolize his character as an adult, the way I did as a child. I know it's Oliver Stone, so 'toning it down' is wishful thinking, but the famous 'cocaine pile' scene would have been much more effective, imo, if he had just a single kilo split open, I mean that's such a more meaningfully depraved scene, the mountains is just ridiculous, did dude just bring a hefty trash bag of powder up from the store room? 'Carltios Way' for me. I watch that once or twice a year, I haven't made it all the way through 'Scarface' in half a decade.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Scarface feels too long, I only watch a handful of scenes anymore. There is so much wasted space in the story

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
People have their preferences and all but no matter what anyone says Carlito's Way was no doubt the smarter movie. :manny:

I enjoyed Scarface as well but after the first two times I've watched it every time I play it now I watch it up to Montana's come up and then cut it off.

ThaGlow

All Star
Daps
Carlito's Way. Damn near every scene is memorable. High tension, drama. The last chase sequence, fuggedaboutit!

As for the love story element, I don't mind it since she helped show the Brigante's loyalty as a stand up guy and his dedication to leave his criminal past behind. DePalma could have went several ways to show this side of him, but I'm okay with Gail in it.