Carlito's Way is better than Scarface. Agree or disagree?

Carlito's Way is better than Scarface

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gotta be. Only impressionable, irresponsible teenagers think what Tony did in that movie was dope. This dude came from nothing, got in the drug game, went against everything he was taught, went against the people who taught him left from right, killed his right hand man because of a sister complex, and why? Because fukk YOU MANG
SS5ShwYL_o.gif

You see where all that got him but people love idolizing him...who the fukk would want to be this raving lunatic?

Besides, take away Pacino's performance and Moroder's score and you're not working with a whole lot.

"And it didnt take no 30 years like your honor thought, but only five!!! :umad:"

:laff:

"Mr. Brigante please sit down you're not accepting an award" :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
As I am older, I watch with more and more knowledge, that Carlito played a lot of his hands all wrong, but that was the theme of the movie, trying your best against the heavy hands and machinations against you, an aging dude in a new world, where he counts, but really doesn't anymore.

The Benny Blanco issue, when you watch as a kid, you get the idea he's a punk and a lowlife, esp. if you were listening to Jay in 99, 98, around those years. But, the reality was, he wasn't. And Carlito's mistake, was not humbling himself, and having a conversation with a little grace, that would have gone a long way toward Benny being a friend an ally. It was arrogant and shortsighted, but also deeper, because Benny is Carlito, in his younger age, when he made his mistakes.

Two, if he wants to disrespect Benny, take it all the way. Kill him, and never look back. He went halfway both times, and it proved to be fatal.

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
Scarface is starting to become the most hated movie ever lol. Apparently it's not better than ANYTHING let yall fukk nikkas tell it. In two years I can see a "Is Scarface really a classic?" thread popping up on here.

The only reason it gets shytted on is because of how popular it is in the black community. It was always a cult classic but yet it receives critical backlash like no other gangster movies. Funny.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Scarface is starting to become the most hated movie ever lol. Apparently it's not better than ANYTHING let yall fukk nikkas tell it. In two years I can see a "Is Scarface really a classic?" thread popping up on here.

The only reason it gets shytted on is because of how popular it is in the black community. It was always a cult classic but yet it receives critical backlash like no other gangster movies. Funny.

I mean looking at it now, it doesn't hold up. Pacino's acting was all over the place. I understand that Tony's is a sociopath with a gunslinger attitude, but its a bit much. Its written very much like an ode to every hood fukkboy who's response to everything is "I'll shoot em". Belly made more sense, with far more ridiculous situations.