Car ideas

2stainz

GOON MUSIC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chitown, Sohh Icey towers, LWO
Is 10k too low? I thought I was being responsible for trying to get a cheaper car.
Nah, I mean...get what you like and be responsible with the money for sure. I applaud that, especially as a student

You can find some older models with slighly higher miles, just make sure to check their carfax and all that (have them inspected by a mechanic)

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
How old ? Them shyts are mad bread for a 10 year old car.
That gotta tell u something bout the reliability breh,they hold they value

Get maybe a 15 or 20 year old Lexus, found my aunt a 2001 Lexus ES 300 for $2500 cash. That was 3 years ago no problems, 188k on the clock :ehh:

You gone get what ya want at the end of the day but it sound like u a college student, just tryna put u on to whips that’ll last you a minimum 5-6 years no problems:yeshrug:

2stainz

GOON MUSIC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chitown, Sohh Icey towers, LWO
I just read that thread, funny af. That one dude that was telling everyone that a 3 series a bytch car, still post here?

You still got th3 camry?
yeah breh still posts here :mjlol:

Still got the camry, shes only at 27K miles 3 years later and 0 issues :whew: Almost done with grad school & Ill probably still be driving this despite the salary boost

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
What are the lower maintenance luxury brands?

Idk I feel weird buying a car off a person. I don't trust em.

You can usually pay a mechanic to look at a car for you. When you know which car you want after shopping around, ask the owner to let you take it to a mechanic (make sure you set up an appointment time with them first).

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
U might wanna look at like a 2014 Camry SE one of those can be easily had for under 12k with low miles. They're reliable and u get the leather, sunroof, and touchscreen for the low.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Must feel phenomenal making the right choice and looking back 3 years later. Wow. I feel proud for you.

yeah breh still posts here :mjlol:

Still got the camry, shes only at 27K miles 3 years later and 0 issues :whew: Almost done with grad school & Ill probably still be driving this despite the salary boost

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I got you man, I always wanted a lexus, but they be so expensive and old, but it does mean something.

I just want a backup camera and new tech man.

:mjgrin:

That gotta tell u something bout the reliability breh,they hold they value

Get maybe a 15 or 20 year old Lexus, found my aunt a 2001 Lexus ES 300 for $2500 cash. That was 3 years ago no problems, 188k on the clock :ehh:

You gone get what ya want at the end of the day but it sound like u a college student, just tryna put u on to whips that’ll last you a minimum 5-6 years no problems:yeshrug:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I just like the looks of certain cars, but those other ones look boring.

But I know what you mean, so what brands do you recommend ?

Man... this isn't the time to be thinking about a "nice" car.

Get something reliable. Nice is for later.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I'm surprised no one mentioned anything about Cadillac in here.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I just like the looks of certain cars, but those other ones look boring.

But I know what you mean, so what brands do you recommend ?

When I'm feeling comfortable I buy BMW's.
When I'm feeling conservative, I buy Nissans.

:yeshrug:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Kia Stinger.
shyt is trash for it's asking price. Great car, test drove it, enjoyed it, beautiful interior but not worth it new. Bought a lexus sport car instead, 45-53k for a kia sedan with a v6 tt, nah breh. Not worth it. In 1-2 years they'll be at 30k, worth the wait.

OP
look at

- features - you want in a car, apple careplay, ipod/iphone compatible bluetooth, heated seats, steering wheel etc
- power - flat 4, v6, v8
- gas mileage
- reliability

Because you are a college student. I wouldn't ask you about your budget but more how much do you have at hand right now and when do you plan on paying the car off.

I suggest you buy a simple 2013 accord, camry, altima for 10k. Or get a older car for 5k and dodge the debt breh. With those cars you should only have a problem with regular maintenance. You have to realize you can buy a 50-70k car that is now 10k but it still cost the same to maintain like it was a 50-70k car (I dealt with that a few bmw and mercedes myself) Upgrade when you have a better paying job and leg room to make a better financially decision with a car.

DO NOT BUY NEW, cars are being pumped out to meet new car every lease for drivers, so new cars tank in value. A 30k-50k mileage japanese sedan is all you need if you want new and majority of the features someone your age would want.

If you want more of a sport car, let us know. But you ain't providing enough info breh.

Use www.Cargurus.com to see some options around your area.

Last edited: