Captain Marvel (Official Thread) March 8th 2019: 7th Marvel Film To Cross 1B$

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
The placement of this movie was off is all it was. It came after infinity war.

The kree vs. Scrull beef was also a part of the movie and her origin and it should've had a proper set up as well (even though the kree have been in the MCU for a while now).
Yeah I thought the movie was straight, but it was like releasing Cappadonna's The Pillage right after 36 Chambers
Movie was more like a high budget Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode, which is fine by me:yeshrug:
Had no problem with Brie's performance

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
How bout a cameo?:sas2:
I don't do features
OQGnOd.png

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
‘Captain Marvel 2’: Nia DaCosta Lands Directing Job For Sequel Movie – Deadline

nia-dacosta.jpg

In what is sure to be one of the bigger directing jobs to be taken off the table in recent months, we are hearing that Nia DaCosta, who directed the anticipated reboot of Candyman, has been tapped as director on Marvel’s sequel to Captain Marvel.

Disney and Marvel Studios had no comment.

DaCosta takes over for Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, who directed the first pic to massive box office success. Marvel is known for switching up its directors on its popular franchises like Thor, Iron Man and Captain America to give the next installment a fresh voice, and had been meeting with candidates for the past couple of months.

Although the studio met with several individuals, DaCosta seemed to have the edge for some time even as she and others met with Marvel chief Kevin Feige over the weekend.

Megan McDonnell, a staff writer on the Marvel-based series WandaVision, penned the script for the Captain Marvel sequel, with Brie Larson returning to star.

In the first film, Larson’s Carol Danvers was a human who becomes involved in the war between two alien races, the Kree and shape-shifting Skrulls. Surviving an explosion tied to an alien engine imbued her with incredible power, turning her into Captain Marvel and making her one of the most powerful heroes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The film was released in March 2019 and grossed $1.13 billion worldwide.

DaCosta has been on the rise since directing the indie Little Woods, the critically acclaimed film that put her on every exec and producer’s radar including Jordan Peele, who hand-picked her to direct his Candyman retelling. Although the release has been pushed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, its first trailer set social media on fire and has fans of the original excited for what DaCosta has brought to the table in her version.

:banderas: