CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Kevin Feige (Movie Discussion Thread)

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Watched it today :wow: Marvel's best film without a doubt

Action was :whew:, the 1 on 1 fight scenes had me :jawalrus::ahh:

Captain America felt like a real super soldier in this, goddamn that shield is dangerous as fukk,

The Winter Soldier was :whoo:, when he first appears goddamn, felt like he needed far more screentime though.

My girl Scarjo was :win::myman::salute::whew::ahh:

Falcon is already >>>>>> War Machine after one movie :dead::jawalrus: had a lot of good scenes in this.

The plot twists were
vsSbHGB.png
:lupe:, there's one wtf moment that me like :WHAT!::wtf::deadmanny:.

Humor was done pretty well in this, it wasn't overboard like in another certain movie :mjpls:.

The story was good as well. I liked how almost every character got to shine, both the heroes and villains.

The only thing I didn't really like was one of the villains, similar problem to the first Iron Man film.

Edit: There were also a few issues with shaky cam, it's not prevalent throughout, but during on particular scene/sequence where it was, I was like :upsetfavre:you'll definitely notice it. There was also one plot point that will have some people :leostare: .

There are two credit scenes, one mid and one post, both are very important, so make sure you stay behind :youngsabo:.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Captain America felt like a real super soldier in this, goddamn that shield is dangerous as fukk,

The Winter Soldier was :whoo:, when he first appears goddamn, felt like he needed far more screentime though.

Falcon is already >>>>>> War Machine after one movie :dead::jawalrus: had a lot of good scenes in this.

The plot twists were
vsSbHGB.png

Humor was done pretty well in this, it wasn't overboard like in another certain movie :mjpls:.

The story was good as well. I liked how almost every character got to shine, both the heroes and villains.

The only thing I didn't really like was one of the villains, similar problem to the first Iron Man film.

Marvels best, huh?:leon:

Even better than Iron Man 1 and Avengers?

9 more days :blessed:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

The plot twists were
vsSbHGB.png

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Marvels best, huh?:leon:

Even better than Iron Man 1 and Avengers?

9 more days :blessed:

For me it was, if you liked Avengers there's no way you wont like this.

Top 3 for me right now is as followed

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. Iron Man
3. The Avengers/The Incredible Hulk.

Some of the reveals in this are just :ohhh::ohlawd:.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Just got back from it, it's easily the best of Marvel's Phase 3 but not without its (small) problems.

For starters, for a movie called The Winter Soldier they could've used him more. Every time he appears it's like "Oh yeah, with all the conspiracies and twists going on I forgot the movie was supposed to be about this guy". I just kept wishing he did more. The final battle is a bit cliché for the genre in the sense it's a bunch of CGI and explosions and as one dude above said "Stop the bomb before the timer goes off" kinda stuff. It felt like the movie was going blockbuster for the sake of being blockbuster. The action building up to it was way better to me with thrilling car chases, clever gun action and good hand-to-hand combat. It was more down-to-earth and that paid off well because it made Cap's abilities come off more powerful. He IS a Super Soldier in this one, no doubt about it.

More importantly, they sold Falcon as well. The friendship between Steve and Sam is built up nicely throughout the movie and he fits right in, as a supporting character to Cap and as his wingman (pun intended) in battle. It felt very natural and it made me wonder even more why Anthony Mackie isn't a bigger star. Probably has to do with Hollywood already having Will Smith for "cool, likeable black lead" and they don't need two of them, but it is what it is. Also, if Marvel hadn't already announced its plans for a Black Widow movie, this movie would've given it away. Half the screen time she gets is setting up her having to face her past at some point, conveniently becoming so by the end. They did a good job of showing off her skillset as well though so she seems worthier of a solo movie than before.

Some spoilers about the bigger Marvel universe:

Stephen Strange gets name dropped. He's definitely next on Marvel's to-adapt list.

The annoying government guy from Iron Man 2 is revealed to be a HYDRA agent.

Mid-credits show Baron Strucker with the remnants of HYDRA. He's in possession of Loki's cosmic spear from The Avengers, as well as holding "miracles" Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in custody.