Captain America: Civil War (Official Thread)

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
it's because they did that cover while T'challa and Ororo were still married. Straight up :scust:

X-books were on some fukk shyt back then, they stayed throwing shots at the marriage like a bunch of scorned ass fans.

All types of :mjpls: going on.

No they didn't and no they weren't.

That issue of Wolverine and the X-Men was specifically after AvX, where BP and Storm had their marriage annulled BY T'Challa himself at the end of the storyline. They even had a conversation at the beginning of the issue in which T'Challa said even tho their marriage is over he still cared about her, but for her to NOT sleep with Wolverine. And of course she proceeds to fukk him in the showers later in the issue :lolbron:.

From a character standpoint, a logic standpoint, a storyline standpoint (Wolverine and Storm were actually dating BEFORE BP came into the picture and swiped her from Logan) AND a realistic standpoint, Wolverine/Storm makes sense. They been on and off fukking since the Clarmont days anyway, ya'll act like they are just some random pairing when in actuality there isn't a woman in the Marvel universe closer to Logan than Ororo.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

That issue of Wolverine and the X-Men was specifically after AvX, where BP and Storm had their marriage annulled BY T'Challa himself at the end of the storyline. They even had a conversation at the beginning of the issue in which T'Challa said even tho their marriage is over he still cared about her, but for her to NOT sleep with Wolverine. And of course she proceeds to fukk him in the showers later in the issue :lolbron:.

From a character standpoint, a logic standpoint, a storyline standpoint (Wolverine and Storm were actually dating BEFORE BP came into the picture and swiped her from Logan) AND a realistic standpoint, Wolverine/Storm makes sense. They been on and off fukking since the Clarmont days anyway, ya'll act like they are just some random pairing when in actuality there isn't a woman in the Marvel universe closer to Logan than Ororo.
wolverine_and_jubilee_by_matlopes-d6l9t1j.jpg
:shaq:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps

ALL the X-hoes are tight with Logan. ALL of them. The big brother/little sister dynamic Logan has with many of them has been done with Rogue and Shadowcat BEFORE Jubilee was created and has been duplicated with several characters past her. The difference is Logan saw Storm as an equal and a love interest, he never saw Jubilee that way.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

I have no problem with Storm and Wolverine being together in of itself, nor did I say I had a problem with the pairing or that it was a random pairing. I don't know where you got that from. My issue specifically was with the cover and I gave my reason why at the time.

You are correct, I had the covers mixed up, that was after the annulment (which was some bullshyt, but that's for another day). The writing between T'Challa and Ororo was :snoop:

Why did I have the covers mixed up? Because the X-books did what I described...with Cyclops instead.

1956940-astonishing.jpg

^^^^ That came out while T'Challa and Ororo were married. And that's was one of many pot shots the X-Books threw at the marriage.

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
ALL the X-hoes are tight with Logan. ALL of them. The big brother/little sister dynamic Logan has with many of them has been done with Rogue and Shadowcat BEFORE Jubilee was created and has been duplicated with several characters past her. The difference is Logan saw Storm as an equal and a love interest, he never saw Jubilee that way.
Nah you aint gotta explain i know what it is lol
Truthfully i always looked at the X-Mansion as the Real World
Its like any given day SOMEBODY gonna get it in with SOMEBODY:russ:

But i DO feel what my g @Realdealholy sayin tho

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
At this point, and though it pains me to say it, it's time for Black Panther fans to go ahead and throw Ororoe in the bushes when it comes to being T'Challa's main love interest. And this is coming from someone who LOVED the marriage and all of the (squandered) potential it had. Storm is firmly entrenched within the X-Men world, is destined to wench for whatever Cac mutant the writers decide to pair her with next, and is most importantly, not a viable option within the cinematic universe. I've always felt the best option for him, with a new comic run on the way and his solo movie on the horizon, would be someone like Monica Rambeu. She's already her own hero with a flushed out back-story, is teammates with T'Challa in the current Ultimates run, and has her own powers and skill-set so she's not a damsel in distress. Wakandans already respect her and T'Challa himself holds her in high regard. She'd be the perfect love interest

In a black panther solo she could be played by the Goddess

PERFECT casting. And this could also Segway into the Captain Marvel movie, where Monica is Established as Carol Danvers best friend.

Last edited:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At this point, and though it pains me to say it, it's time for Black Panther fans to go ahead throw Ororoe in the bushes when it comes to being T'Challa's main love interest. And this is coming from someone who LOVED the marriage and all of the (squandered) potential it had. Storm is firmly entrenched within the X-Men world, is destined to wench for whatever Cac mutant the writers decide to pair her with next, and is most importantly, not a viable option within the cinematic universe. I've always felt the best option for him, with a new comic run on the way and his solo movie on the horizon, would be someone like Monica Rambeu. She's already her own hero with a flushed out back-story, is teammates with T'Challa in the current Ultimates run, and has her own powers and skill-set so she's not a damsel in distress. Wakandans already respect her and T'Challa himself holds her in high regard. She'd be the perfect love interest

:mjcry:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At this point, and though it pains me to say it, it's time for Black Panther fans to go ahead and throw Ororoe in the bushes when it comes to being T'Challa's main love interest. And this is coming from someone who LOVED the marriage and all of the (squandered) potential it had. Storm is firmly entrenched within the X-Men world, is destined to wench for whatever Cac mutant the writers decide to pair her with next, and is most importantly, not a viable option within the cinematic universe. I've always felt the best option for him, with a new comic run on the way and his solo movie on the horizon, would be someone like Monica Rambeu. She's already her own hero with a flushed out back-story, is teammates with T'Challa in the current Ultimates run, and has her own powers and skill-set so she's not a damsel in distress. Wakandans already respect her and T'Challa himself holds her in high regard. She'd be the perfect love

giphy.gif

In Black hands this shyt wouldn't have happened. What's done is done though I guess.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
At this point, and though it pains me to say it, it's time for Black Panther fans to go ahead throw Ororoe in the bushes when it comes to being T'Challa's main love interest. And this is coming from someone who LOVED the marriage and all of the (squandered) potential it had. Storm is firmly entrenched within the X-Men world, is destined to wench for whatever Cac mutant the writers decide to pair her with next, and is most importantly, not a viable option within the cinematic universe. I've always felt the best option for him, with a new comic run on the way and his solo movie on the horizon, would be someone like Monica Rambeu. She's already her own hero with a flushed out back-story, is teammates with T'Challa in the current Ultimates run, and has her own powers and skill-set so she's not a damsel in distress. Wakandans already respect her and T'Challa himself holds her in high regard. She'd be the perfect love interest
Storm is damaged goods. It stinks b/c she could've been better (greater) than that, but it is what it is:manny:

Case in point: Wolverine spent the better part of some years simping another man's wife across all mediums -cartoons, movies, morrison's new-xmen run of the early 00s, time displaced jean grey in remender's xforce run, & however many stories prior to her death- to the point where that's his most well known 'love interest' ...but he gets their mutual best friend (Storm) as his rebound thot the second x-editorial is in the clear of the marriage :mjlol: i.e. let's throw her to our most popular character real quick to make a thing out of it before we kill him off and bring him back as an old muthafukka who wouldn't listen to shyt she gotta say but will come running back to the team the second underaged time-displaced jean grey tells him to:pachaha:

That's Storm's role in a nut shell. The position she plays. And in movies, 16 years of wall paper status. A complete waste.. but shyt, let Disney give Monica Rambeau that marketing-machine juice.. and it wouldn't take long for the mainstream public to 'move on' from Ororo and start reppin the 'nawlins girl.