Capcom targeting 30fps for Dead Rising 3, working with Microsoft

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
they may be offloading some of the pathing, but they still have to be rendered locally
WHAT? I THOUGHT THE CLOUD WAS ESSENTIALLY INFINITE POWER AND THUS MAKING STATIC HARDWARE IRRELEVANT??????

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Targeting? :lolbron:

:ohhh: So thats why the game looks like trash. To think of what this game could have been if it was a ps4 excslusive. This game looks like a late gen ps3 title right now.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Yeah, but he selectively omitted the fact that devs of the game have came out and said that they are aiming for 60fps online.

but that shows they could have SP running at 60fps too, but they choose to sacrifice that for better graphics

to be clear, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. but it's very different from the inherent bottlenecks created by so many AI. having a large number of AI is something that affects gameplay, and is not the same as tweaking some graphics options

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
but that shows they could have SP running at 60fps too, but they choose to sacrifice that for better graphics

to be clear, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. but it's very different from the inherent bottlenecks created by so many AI. having a large number of AI is something that affects gameplay, and is not the same as tweaking some graphics options
Why don't Capcom just turn down the resolution to 720P and put the graphics preset on medium?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I think that had the game dropped next Spring it would be 60fps across the board... but since they're basically developing the eye candy that will show off the PS4's power for Sony they probably just had to bite the bullet and compromise on the campaign.

:yeshrug:

For it to be a launch game and to have 10 multiplayer maps on day 1 is impressive. If they get it close to 60 for the multi, then it's a homerun.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Why don't Capcom just turn down the resolution to 720P and put the graphics preset on medium?

because those kinds of bottlenecks probably won't be affected much by tweaking graphics options

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I think that had the game dropped next Spring it would be 60fps across the board... but since they're basically developing the eye candy that will show off the PS4's power for Sony they probably just had to bite the bullet and compromise on the campaign.

they could get 60fps right now. it's a design decision. if further optimisation gave them better performance, they would probably use that opportunity to pour even more graphics on. console gamers have been very happy playing games at 30fps for a minute now, and they know that