Capcom President: "price of games is too low"

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

Haruhiro Tsujimoto said:
Personally, I feel that game prices are too low. Development costs are about 100 times higher than during the Famicom era, but software prices have not gone up that much. There is also a need to raise wages. Considering the fact that wages are rising in the industry as a whole, I think raising unit prices is a healthy option for business.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Allkeyshop sells these games for cheaper anyway. And couple year old games for dirt cheap. There are multiple ways on how to pay less money for these things. Gaming companies are too damn greedy, they charge you full price then tell you a lot of game features you paid for are actually not available unless you pay extra. Yeah fukk you.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
ultimately they can charge whatever they want :manny:

the market will decide if the price is fair
Not really, i read a while back it’s retailers that have dictated that all retail games should cost the same. Something about shelf space and in store promotions. Publishers sign contracts with retailers that make the game prices uniform.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Not really, i read a while back it’s retailers that have dictated that all retail games should cost the same. Something about shelf space and in store promotions. Publishers sign contracts with retailers that make the game prices uniform.
there's a lot of nuance to it. retailers also don't want digital to be cheaper