"Cannon Busters" by LeSean Thomas (August 15th, 2019)

Daps
So if I choose to donate(which would be the 35 dollar option because this looks really dope and I want a DVD copy), I wouldn't get charged until then? Or would they just pull the money and refund me if it isn't completely funded?

Actually I'm just backing it now. I love this art style. Gonna post this shyt at some places.

I guess you already know this since you backed the Kickstarter, but you only get charged once the Kickstarter is complete if they meet their goal. If they don't meet it, nothing happens.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
having come up in the 90s, its so surprising to me how now domestic young adult themed cartoons no longer have much of an outlet anymore. Gargoyles, Batman Beyond, Sonic TAS, those hour long Justice League eps... even stuff like Mighty Max, Tail Spin, Aladdin, Rescue Rangers, real advs of johnny quest, and those ehhh street fighter & mortal kombat cartoons... not saying they were all high quality stuff, but that they were at least there to choose from. a lot of em had fairly good stories + continuity that would get you invested in them. That's partly the reason why young justice was such a hit for me (the other reason was black excellence). avenger's earth's mightiest heroes as well. Both seemed like throw backs to the old saturday morning cartoon days.

but now it seems like it's just either imported anime or some overly kindergarden shyt with cheap animations. I can't complain too much bc it's no longer my era and i had my fun in the sun back when i was in that age group but i guess i always thought such cartoons were more profitable than they really were. The story behind the young justice cancellation really opened my eyes to some of the politics.

With that said, LeSean's project looks pretty good and if it made 60k in only a handful of days, with still 20+ days to go, looks like it'll easily make the 120k minimum for the 8 minute pilot. May even make 240k

luvaznpoon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This looks like it could be amazing. Potential #blackexcellence at that. :banderas: I donated to the kickstarter and am hoping this catches on.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Im gonna donate to this. I just watched his soul sessions vids and he seems like he has a very innovative mindset and a go get it mentality. I just got to get my bands up so I can commot that 100 donation

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
I've been keeping up with Lesean and "Cannon Busters" since before he released the graphic novel... I'll gladly support the brotha

ShaSolair

Rookie
Daps
:snoop:DAMN MAN, I hate to be "that guy" but c'mon bruh. Even with all the resources & experience at his disposal that brotha still couldn't muster up ONE main character to be cool & Black?
If it had characters like Huey & Riley doing fantasy, "we f##k up dragons & play 2k" type vibe my damn debit card would be maxed on this sh#t. :ohlawd:
... I just feel like a dude of his caliber could really do something different. Bruh, Imagine Final Fantasy level action with Boondocks type humor. Sh#t would be revolutionary.:blessed: To me this look like regular anime just with a black dude strugglin to make it. :comeon:
I dont wanna be a hater :whoa: I actually hope he reaches his goal; Im just disappointed we got a brotha capable but he not spiteful enough to do a show like this with mostly black folk being the main focus. What would be the difference since they do the same sh#t in reverse to us in anime now? :sas2:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop:DAMN MAN, I hate to be "that guy" but c'mon bruh. Even with all the resources & experience at his disposal that brotha still couldn't muster up ONE main character to be cool & Black?
If it had characters like Huey & Riley doing fantasy, "we f##k up dragons & play 2k" type vibe my damn debit card would be maxed on this sh#t. :ohlawd:
... I just feel like a dude of his caliber could really do something different. Bruh, Imagine Final Fantasy level action with Boondocks type humor. Sh#t would be revolutionary.:blessed: To me this look like regular anime just with a black dude strugglin to make it. :comeon:
I dont wanna be a hater :whoa: I actually hope he reaches his goal; Im just disappointed we got a brotha capable but he not spiteful enough to do a show like this with mostly black folk being the main focus. What would be the difference since they do the same sh#t in reverse to us in anime now? :sas2:

If he succeeds with this he can do something like that

sometimes you can't charge the gates like barbarians, you gotta sneak in the gates with the trojan horse

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
well then go create a kickstarter page your damn self, this is a story he wants to tell not the other way around

Daps
B2H1YsyCUAIh_rG.jpg

B2H1YnJCEAE5XBM.jpg

B2H1YvXCMAAx-Nc.jpg

B2H1YnLCMAAjcrk.jpg