"Cannon Busters" by LeSean Thomas (August 15th, 2019)

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you think he hasnt pitched it to CN? dude worked for them on boondocks and black dynamite. they know about it, yet he had to go the kickstarter route. there are politics at work...

Where else can he go? CN is the only network that would green light this. A pitch may not have been enough but a pilot could sway them.

It would be nice if Netflix or Crunchyroll got behind original animation shows.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
im donating

that animation lookin sweet
meh.ro5772.jpg

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Where else can he go? CN is the only network that would green light this. A pitch may not have been enough but a pilot could sway them.

netflix does have original animation... :youngsabo:

outside of ben 10, CN aint been fukkin with action shows.

i've talked to him and other black dudes in the industry, shyt is real crazy. this shyt need to get funded, specifically so that the creator will have 100& control of how this jawn is viewed by the public.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
netflix does have original animation... :youngsabo:

outside of ben 10, CN aint been fukkin with action shows.

i've talked to him and other black dudes in the industry, shyt is real crazy. this shyt need to get funded, specifically so that the creator will have 100& control of how this jawn is viewed by the public.

original anime :patrice:?

I wanna see this but action cartoons are rare for US TV. It would be nice if a black network had a cartoon block.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
original anime :patrice:?

I wanna see this but action cartoons are rare for US TV. It would be nice if a black network had a cartoon block.
Knights of sidonia. netflix also has bojack.

this jawn isnt 'anime' though. its semi style influenced by anime.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
imma throw in some bucks for this soon....if it doesnt meet its goal, do the ppl who put in still get to see the pilot somehow?

It looks like you get to see the pilot depending on how much you donate. Iirc, $30+ you get a DVD of the pilot and some other goodies.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
If it doesn't meet the goal, they don't get any money, which means they would have to get another source of funding to make the pilot
So if I choose to donate(which would be the 35 dollar option because this looks really dope and I want a DVD copy), I wouldn't get charged until then? Or would they just pull the money and refund me if it isn't completely funded?

Actually I'm just backing it now. I love this art style. Gonna post this shyt at some places.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
This show looks crazy!! Reminds me of Gurren Lagann, mixed with Redline, Eureka Seven, Kill La Kill and Samurai Champloo. I think it would be amazing if we had anime series being created from North America. Think of the potential greatness we could feast on. :banderas:

Crunchyroll would be more likely. Idunno about American Netflix, but the Canadian Netflix they don't update episodes on a constant basis. Usually it's periodically, and sometimes you have to jump from Netflix to CR. Luckily I didn't have to do that with Kill La Kill and Sword Art Online (But I did have to go to CR for SAO II tho). Crunchyroll from what I've noticed, seems to be a lot more willing to give stuff like this a chance, but you never know. But should this get off the ground... it's gonna be a problem. The anime industry would grow even bigger, cause state side, it's still frowned upon to be an anime fan (But the comic book fandom's been booming lately.... Thanks to Marvel :mjpls:) but having this blow up could cause a chain reaction. And since Avatar is pretty big among the anime community (while also being owned by Nickelodeon), people are more open to something like this. Overall, I'm excited to see what's going to happen and I'm definitely going to drop some money for a black-created and black-centered anime series.

Last edited: