Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Because murica and constitutional something or the other
Why does anyone need an assault rifle?

Why do we need big 4 bedroom houses?

Why do we need big 65 inch TVs?

Why do we need Full size Pickup trucks?

Why do we need new $1000 phones every year?

If I want an AR-15 let me get an AR-15:yeshrug:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
folks focus on "assault rifles" or "military style weapons" when guns need to be banned completely..

an assault rifle has the same firing rate as a pistol that you buy from a pawn shop or army-navy store..only the military and police have fully automatic weapons unless someone buys a one on the black market

And when dudes run up in yo house then what you gone do? Call the police and wait in the closet hoping they get there in 15 minutes?
:unimpressed:I'm not against black gun ownership, but ya'll kill me repeating these cac talking points from over 30 years ago.

Cac talking points? Wasn't our ancestors forced here via usage of guns?:patrice:

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West

they track it by when u go into gun stores and filled out the application when u purchase a gun and the gun shop calls in and verify your information or here in California where they review your shyt for a few days before u can get your gun

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
they track it by when u go into gun stores and filled out the application when u purchase a gun and the gun shop calls in and verify your information or here in California where they review your shyt for a few days before u can get your gun

Can you even get an AR in California?

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
I'm simply saying this

if you really about protecting you and yours

you not finna let no pen and paper stop you from doing that.

the bolded talks about an incident that just happened, not "30 years ago."

bottom line is if you wanna cower in the house or rely on the police if something goes wrong or hope somehow suddenly and magically white folk stopped being the beasts they've always been, that's just fine. but you're not gonna make me go that route with you, i promise you that.

And when dudes run up in yo house then what you gone do? Call the police and wait in the closet hoping they get there in 15 minutes?

Cac talking points? Wasn't our ancestors forced here via usage of guns?:patrice:

Is the fact that they will restrict or enact any restrictions and effectively disarm black people whether they are legally able a cac talking point? Is it a cac talking point that they will unconstitutionally restrict eligible black people from owning firearms a cac talking point?

There's literally stories of people physically or institutionally restricting black people from voting every couple of years. Whether they are protesting outside the station and intimidating black folks from voting, "losing" black people's mail in ballots, telling black people "oh, I'm sorry this isn't your polling place you'll need to drive 30 minutes away and wait a other 4 hours" or "oh, you're not eligible" .

You find me stories of these things accidently happening to white people.

Oldschooler

All Star
Daps
If you don't need one that's fine and understandable and hopefully a conclusion you came to on your own and not one that's been force fed to you through media or by your government.

1 reason you need one is because it's inline with today's standards. An assault weapon is just a gun with a magazine, stock, pistol grip. There's a reason police stopped using revolvers and pump shotguns (although units still use shotguns) and switched to semi automatic handguns and semi automatic rifles.

The cops have them, the military has them, criminals have them, why shouldnt you? You never know when you have to stand against any of them.

#2 reason is it's a slippery slope. First they'll ban assault weapons, then it'll be things like bump stocks, red dots, scopes, lights, braces, trigger modifications, suppressor, then there will be more magazine restrictions only 10rd, only 5rd, then it'll be ammunition restrictions only a certain grain, no hollow points and eventually they'll raise the age of buying shotguns and rifles from 18 to a mandatory 21 like handguns, then they'll expand the restrictions on ownership from felons, people with assault or drug charges to other things that'll restrict people from legally owning. Then there will be city bans on ownership aka if you live in this city you cannot legally possess a firearm and it'll likely target inner city minorities whereas more affluent areas which are often driving distance may have free reign to ownership.

What it all boils down to is that if you let them they will disarm black people and kill them using the same weapons they disarmed them of.

We literally just had a black man Auhmoud Abery chased down and killed by white men with guns. And those white men are walking free. He didn't have a gun, he didn't have drugs or possess stolen property. shyt philando castille was a legal carrying citizen killed in his car. They don't think we (black people) should have guns and they don't want us to have them and some black people are more than happy to throw away their right toward ownership as if it makes them any less of a potential target or victim, meanwhile everyone else wants to defend their right and in some cases expand them.

If you really think that any gun will protect you from the government if they decide to fukk with you than I don't know what to say. You realize that the government will always have the upper hand and is leaps and bounds above your average citizen in weapons technology. If they want to exterminate you as a black man or anyone else for that matter they could do it easily no matter how many guns you have. They could send an unmanned drone to your crib and blow up your whole house from 30,000 ft in the air you won't know what hit you.

You have a much better argument if you want to argue about protecting your family against your average criminal. But just as you argue about that someone else arguing against could say that laws to get your hand on guns are too lax (aka its too easy for a lunatic to get their hands on a gun or a gun that could inflict more damage). What about gun homicides that stem from a sudden crime of passion and easy access to a weapon at that instance.

Banning assault rifles is a statistical argument. Long barrels have better accuracy and thus could cause more damage to someone or hurt more people because you could shoot someone from further out. Being further out means it'll take longer to discover the perp. Automatics also cause more damage because you could shoot more people in a shorter amount of time. These are just common sense arguments against these types of guns.

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
If you really think that any gun will protect you from the government if they decide to fukk with you than I don't know what to say. You realize that the government will always have the upper hand and is leaps and bounds above your average citizen in weapons technology. If they want to exterminate you as a black man or anyone else for that matter they could do it easily no matter how many guns you have. They could send an unmanned drone to your crib and blow up your whole house from 30,000 ft in the air you won't know what hit you.

You have a much better argument if you want to argue about protecting your family against your average criminal. But just as you argue about that someone else arguing against could say that laws to get your hand on guns are too lax (aka its too easy for a lunatic to get their hands on a gun or a gun that could inflict more damage). What about gun homicides that stem from a sudden crime of passion and easy access to a weapon at that instance.

Banning assault rifles is a statistical argument. Long barrels have better accuracy and thus could cause more damage to someone or hurt more people because you could shoot someone from further out. Being further out means it'll take longer to discover the perp. Automatics also cause more damage because you could shoot more people in a shorter amount of time. These are just common sense arguments against these types of guns.

I see your point but a responsible gun owners should be allowed to options in firearms.