Canada bans assault-style weapons after its worst ever mass murder

Black Steph Curry

Lines are being drawn in the sand.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville, AL
Bear with me. I'm not American
What does that have to with anything, especially considering this thread is about Canadian gun control? We all have internet there's no excuse for speaking on shyt you don't know about.

Unless you own a gun store or own an assault rifle made before 1986 (which are rare and in the 5 figure price range) it is absolutely illegal for private citizens to own assault rifles in America. In Canada I'm sure the laws are even stricter than that. Assault rifles fire automatically by definition, citizens are only allowed semi automatic rifles to buy. Trudeau banned "assault style" weapons which is dumb and smells of posturing to me cuz they fire semi automatic and the same cartridges as hunting rifles so what makes these so called assault style weapons so special?

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
We literally just had a black man Auhmoud Abery chased down and killed by white men with guns. And those white men are walking free. He didn't have a gun, he didn't have drugs or possess stolen property. shyt philando castille was a legal carrying citizen killed in his car. They don't think we (black people) should have guns and they don't want us to have them and some black people are more than happy to throw away their right toward ownership as if it makes them any less of a potential target or victim, meanwhile everyone else wants to defend their right and in some cases expand them.
:unimpressed:I'm not against black gun ownership, but ya'll kill me repeating these cac talking points from over 30 years ago.

the bolded talks about an incident that just happened, not "30 years ago."

bottom line is if you wanna cower in the house or rely on the police if something goes wrong or hope somehow suddenly and magically white folk stopped being the beasts they've always been, that's just fine. but you're not gonna make me go that route with you, i promise you that.