Canada bans assault-style weapons after its worst ever mass murder

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Why does anyone need an assault rifle?

Why do you need a sportscar that can go faster than the speed limit?

Why do you need silk drawers?

Why do you need a bacon double cheeseburger when you should be happy with a nutrient stick that tastes like cardboard?

Why do you need more living space that the 200 sqft it takes to fit a bed, chair, bathroom and stove?

NEED isn't the question. People WANT them, but nobody else cares because THEY don't want them. People think mass violence is going away by banning these rifles. Mass killers will just start using bombs like they do in the rest of the world. So, every time you hear someone say "well there aren't any mass shootings in country X!" look up how many bombings there have been.

EDIT: And I don't own a single gun and never have (probably never will). But I understand why people legit want them.

EDIT: The largest mass killings in America happened while we still had the assault weapons ban; OKC bombing and 9/11)

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:unimpressed:I'm not against black gun ownership, but ya'll kill me repeating these cac talking points from over 30 years ago.

Is the fact that they will restrict or enact any restrictions and effectively disarm black people whether they are legally able a cac talking point? Is it a cac talking point that they will unconstitutionally restrict eligible black people from owning firearms a cac talking point?

There's literally stories of people physically or institutionally restricting black people from voting every couple of years. Whether they are protesting outside the station and intimidating black folks from voting, "losing" black people's mail in ballots, telling black people "oh, I'm sorry this isn't your polling place you'll need to drive 30 minutes away and wait a other 4 hours" or "oh, you're not eligible" .

You find me stories of these things accidently happening to white people.

Kwabena

I am STEM.
Daps
Reppin
Antibes

Why do you need a bacon double cheeseburger when you should be happy with a nutrient stick that tastes like cardboard?

Why do you need more living space that the 200 sqft it takes to fit a bed, chair, bathroom and stove?

NEED isn't the question. People WANT them, but nobody else cares because THEY don't want them. People think mass violence is going away by banning these rifles. Mass killers will just start using bombs like they do in the rest of the world. So, every time you hear someone say "well there aren't any mass shootings in country X!" look up how many bombings there have been.

EDIT: And I don't own a single gun and never have (probably never will). But I understand why people legit want them.
This is a dumbass hypothesis. People buy sportcars for status seeking. People buy cheeseburgers for gratification. People buy silk drawers for comfort. If you buy/own assault weapons for any of the aforementioned reasons, see a therapist.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies

EDIT: The largest mass killings in America happened while we still had the assault weapons ban; OKC bombing and 9/11)
nikkas act like people can't use cars either, all these incidents of nikkas mowing people with trucks and all those recordings of people trying to ram people all over social media.

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
This is a dumbass hypothesis. People buy sportcars for status seeking. People buy cheeseburgers for gratification. People buy silk drawers for comfort. If you buy/own assault weapons for any of the aforementioned reasons, see a therapist.

People buy assault weapons because unfortunately there may be a time that you have to kill someone or something in self defense.