Can you play and enjoy a game with an art style you don’t like?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ehhh...I think that's a bit of a stretch.

Its not really chibi but it has a very “youth” oriented look to it, even the older characters like Raven kind of look like teenagers

Tales-Of-Vesperia-Remaster.jpg

Big difference to what Tales of Arise looks like now

tales-of-arise-party.jpg

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
all the characters being skinny little anime white girls turned me off ever getting into that genshin impact:beli:

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, that chibi shyt is played out. Done playing games where it all looks like some Asian Botero painting

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Honestly, i can’t even look at certain games. Some I hate the art style so much even if people tell me they’re good I’ll just ignore it. Stuff that looks like this is just a flat out no fukking way.

Mabinogi-Best-Anime-MMORPG-1024x576.jpg

Aura-Kingdom-Best-Anime-MMORPG-1024x576.jpg.webp

Ys-IX-Monstrum-Nox-Screenshot-091.jpg

And if im being honest xenoblade kinda borders this style too, but its saved by extremely good animation and mech
I can't enjoy games with art i don't like. I prefer them to try to go as photorealistic as possible. that anime or kid cartoon type stuff is always a no from.
people hype of breath of the wild for example. I just can't get into it.can't stand anime in particular. they all look the same to me. probably everyone has to rock crazy hairstyles to stand out.
I remember some nintendo dev criticized ghost of tsushima for having ugly characters. i was like :mjlol: i would never have play that game if they looked like a kpop band instead.
This
resize

>>>>> Than this corny bs
capsule_616x353.jpg

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Its not really chibi but it has a very “youth” oriented look to it, even the older characters like Raven kind of look like teenagers

Tales-Of-Vesperia-Remaster.jpg

Big difference to what Tales of Arise looks like now

tales-of-arise-party.jpg

Yeah, 15 years of tech difference will do that for ya. Still wasn't chibi in Vesperia (oddly enough, I initially read you saying it was Berseria, but the sentiment still stands). It's definitely a more animated look tho, but it was really good then and holds up well today.

Daps
Can't think of the last time I actually played and enjoyed an 8 bit style game.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Honestly, i can’t even look at certain games. Some I hate the art style so much even if people tell me they’re good I’ll just ignore it. Stuff that looks like this is just a flat out no fukking way.

And if im being honest xenoblade kinda borders this style too, but its saved by extremely good animation and mech
This the kinda shyt that bytches think about when they hear of a grown ass gamer. And it ain't even that wrong of a stereotype cuz there's definitely an army of dweebs that stan this kind of foolishness. But I can't talk shyt cuz I just logged almost 100 hours of civ 6 in a week so I'm a nikka nerd right wit you nikkas :mjlol: :pachaha:

RIPODB

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Side

I only played persona 5 because I couldn’t ignore the hype and praise any more.

On the other hand, if a game has Cyberpunk vibes (Observer, Deus Ex MD, etc) I will give it a shot even if the reviews aren’t the best