Can you draw?

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII
Appreciate it! I usually don't share most of my art so it's a relief to hear you say that actually.
I hope you share more.
I stared at the last painting for a little while taking in your attention to detail, hand to eye coordination, & finishing - You brought it all together.

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
Went through some old stuff to see what kind of progress I made over the years and said fukk it, I'll upload some pics I never thought to share ( Either they were value practice, some anime shyt done for fun, had errors I didn't feel like fixing, bad composition, etc.). All of these are 2-3 years old. Might upload more later

ltzW8gI.jpg

Tried to do a black Chun-Li, had no idea how to pose her or where to put her.
5yuyILI.jpg

I did this when I was still struggling with perspective and value( to a lesser extent)

UNbk2Uc.jpg

Value/Rendering practice.
illness

全能の神

《《》》
Daps
Went through some old stuff to see what kind of progress I made over the years and said fukk it, I'll upload some pics I never thought to share ( Either they were value practice, some anime shyt done for fun, had errors I didn't feel like fixing, bad composition, etc.). All of these are 2-3 years old. Might upload more later
Holy shyt. These are amazing :whoo:

How long did it take you to be able to draw at this level?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Holy shyt. These are amazing :whoo:

How long did it take you to be able to draw at this level?
I drew a lot as a teen but stopped after I got out of high school. I decided to pick things back up in 2011, so it's been a little over 5 years of hard work and studying, but over those 5 years I'd routinely put in 3-6 hours a day( sometimes more). I sacrificed a lot to get to this level believe me.

Micron

Pro
Daps
I made this while taking an animation class in 2013. I tried to make it look like she was seductively lowering her top, but it did not come out how I planned. The teacher liked it though, mostly because of the art style, since other folks in the class were doing things with more simplistic styles.

giphy.gif

It gave me confidence that doing animation wasn't super difficult, so I will always have a soft spot for my first animation. Sadly I have not had much time to draw recently. Seeing this art thread and the other Black animation thread with Cannon Busters is motivation though.

TheArchitect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought this might be interesting to look at, my first digital paintings ( well, my first paintings in general ) compared to my latest.My first two pieces (I wasn't that good)
l18TRvz.jpg
3E8shvb.jpg
Now here's some of the latest pieces I've done.

The first two took me months too smh.

@Lady.Libra.

How did you learn how to digital paint? Do you know of any good tutorials? I've been kind of wanting to get into that....

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
Going through some old stuff, rearranging things in my studio room, I stumbled up on this sketch I did while watching Thunderball on a challenge from friends and thought of my boy @MartyMcFly :myman:
I had to have this done by the end of the movie with the film being my only reference to go by...trying to capture this shyt in motion...:mjlol:

connery_zpsxxedaxrn.jpg

At least I won the bet :yeshrug: