Can you draw?

Loop Ba$eCrawler

All Star
Daps
Clean af!!

How long did it take you? A few hours? Clean if so.
Thanks man, about an hr for each. The Mitt one took longer cause the paper was waxy and I was trying to draw it realistically from an image. The Jesus sketch I sped it up by sort of freestyling the drawing and using smudging instead of more detailed shading with the pencil. I practiced quite a bit over the last few years on drawing quickly cause our game design classes had us doing traditional cel animation for a bit and that required like 50 sketches of the same thing just for a 5 second animation. The easiest way I can say to speed up your drawing is to basically sketch things out in shapes to build the form and then keep building on top of that with the details. I actually recorded most of the process on these and will be editing the video down this week after the playoffs.

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks man, about an hr for each. The Mitt one took longer cause the paper was waxy and I was trying to draw it realistically from an image. The Jesus sketch I sped it up by sort of freestyling the drawing and using smudging instead of more detailed shading with the pencil. I practiced quite a bit over the last few years on drawing quickly cause our game design classes had us doing traditional cel animation for a bit and that required like 50 sketches of the same thing just for a 5 second animation. The easiest way I can say to speed up your drawing is to basically sketch things out in shapes to build the form and then keep building on top of that with the details. I actually recorded most of the process on these and will be editing the video down this week after the playoffs.
Yessir! You know the process. The "shape" technique is wonderful. An outline to the whole piece. Props. Dig your work. Keep posting.

Dontay Flaco

fka King Napz
Daps
Reppin
VA
Some vans I painted for one of the homies.
full

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
Here's one my son did last year. His principal and some of his teachers have asked to buy this but they wanted it on the cheap. I told him fukk them if they couldn't give him a respectable price for it.

Macs%20old%20man_zpsfnawhmh6.jpg

respect

Them motherfukkers gotta pay if they feeling his work.......impress on him to charge good rates for his craft

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
respect

Them motherfukkers gotta pay if they feeling his work.......impress on him to charge good rates for his craft
Nothin but da truth :jawalrus:

Nah, they thought he was some kid from a single parent home more than willing to take peanuts for his hard work like he was strugglin' or something. And even if he was, my wife wouldn't have gone for no fukkery like that.
The moment he told them he'd have to talk to his dad first before making a decision, they got the :patrice: face.
They knew they weren't gonna get away with it. They loved this piece but ignored all of his fabulous afrocentric compositions :martin:

I was just teaching him detail, light and dark when he drew this to keep him versatile.