Can we talk about the G.State Warriors for a moment?

OPTiMO

SamsoniteMan
Daps
Reppin
From the Bay to Central CA
Only think about the new stadium is I think it might price some of the real fans out, in favor of corporate bandwagon fans who have all that money to spend.

Jayou Ayen

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The East Bay
A move to SF will definitely change the demographics. New stadium will price some people out. At the same time, corporate sponsorship will increase. Not saying it's a bad thing, but that's what happens with new arenas/stadiums.

As for the nightlife, it's obviously better in SF. But it's not going to be like baseball season, 50 degree week nights on the waterfront in the fall/winter doesn't have the same appeal.

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm from the town and I can't front, it's not a family friendly place. The shyt is basically right across the street from the 6-9 Vill. The walk from the bart station to Oracle is gloomy. It's for the real nikkas tho. They could've easily invested some money into that area but it would never be as nice as where they're about to go. That new arena will literally be on the Bay. It's gonna be the best looking arena in the league. Plus it will be alot of shyt to do after and before the game. The bottom line is Cacs don't feel safe in deep east Oakland.

its gona be a damn shame if they lose the A's because all the horseshyt oakland gives all their teams when talks of building a new arena come up. all this red tape they have to put up with
china basin (where att park is) used to be a hell hole too but look at that place now. they could do the same in the current location or in jack london square but all these dikkheads give the teams a hard time and they're like f it.
im from SF so im biased but the oakland location with 880 and bart right there... smh.. oakland lost on that one.

but yea, imagine catching a giants day game, getting hammered at pete's then hitting up a warriors night game :whew:

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the ticket prices :whoo:

stubhub :win:

copped game 1 of the NLCS for 90 bucks, lower box 15 rows from the right field line.

stubhub ftw.
also getting like 8 ppl to split season tickets >>>
thats what im gona plan to do. have a draft to sort out who gets what games, and sell the ones u cant attend >>>>

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
The new Arena will only have 17,000 and some change. Oracle has something like 20,000 seats. Less seats = more money and less real fans. But yeah Stubhub ftw.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Its so good to see the Warriors doing good. People gotta understand, the Warriors are like a combination of A's, Giants, Raiders, 49ers and Shark fans. There's only 1 NBA team in the Bay and that's who everyone roots for, my timeline on my Facebook and Twitter last night explains it very well. So to say a new arena in SF in any way effects anyone going to the game is just stupid. In most ways, it allows more to due to the environment around the Piers in SF vs East Oakland. To say the demographics is gonna change is also stupid, has anyone been to the games. We have stunk but yet we can still pack to 90% capacity for a shytty Memphis game. Add in the new arena and we get sellouts every night even without a playoff team.

There is nothing like the atmosphere at Warrior games. Its like being at a D1 Hoops game. The crowd is loud and into there shyt. Its like a combination of the characteristics of every bay team...You have the crazyness and wild atmosphere of Raider fans while the dedication of true A's fans. You have the consistency of Giants fans with the money of 49er fans to be able to consistantly pay for tickets. Funny thing is that outsiders dont realize is that there are a shyt load of asians at games. But they love hoops are into the game and have cheese. But the females that be at games:drool: So many hoes. Im a bit luckier than most, half the time I go we are in our Corparate box seats but outside of shyt being free, i'd rather be with the fans. The after parties...:ohlawd:

Despite the level of health the Dubs are thriving. When we get Bogut back we should only improve defensively. Right now I have Mark Jackson as Coach of the Year. Anybody who questioned getting rid of Monte and Keeping Steph needs to get there cell phones trolled by Steph Troll smilies. I hope we can catch the Clippers...if not, just getting into the playoffs is gonna be crazy. My non bay folks dont understand the crazy environment inside Oracle, throw in the playoffs:lawd:

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Im Surprised This Thread Isnt Full Of People Saying "It's Still Early" Hmm

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
This new Arena has me like:hula:
All the Bars and Nightlife in the area...We did it brehs...

preview_sfarena20121015_farout.jpg

preview_sfarena20121015_exterior.jpg

preview_sfarena20121015_interior.jpg

arena-788x563.jpg

warriors-sf-arena2.jpg

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I'm glad to see the Warriors playing well. it'll be sad when they leave Oakland, but at the same time its just the 'nature of the beast' in sports these days.