Can we be honest about Shang Chi?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
He’s probably the most forgettable marvel hero of all time, no one wants to see him in avengers, and it came off as a desperate cash grab to appeal to the chinese. Notice how it takes place in queens and theres no prominent black actors?

Every group gotta have their own wakanda now :francis:

Say what you want but Iron Fist has always been that dude in the comics :manny:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It was straight trash.

As I said in the actual film thread.

It was trash.

It should have been Marvel’s version of dragonball/dragonball z

How do you make a movie about a super powered marital artist and have no memorable fight scenes :scust:

Can you imagine if the movie had a fight scene like this but just with superpowers character

Would have been an easy $1B grossed as we ain’t seen something like that on screen before. This should have been an easy home run for Marvel

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I don't agree with the comment about everybody gotta have their own Wakanda, and even if it was true, I'm like so what?

But I think it was a pretty mediocre movie. I'm not one to call things overrated but I'm surprised it has this positive of an impression among the general public. But then again, it seems like my opinion when it comes to Marvel movies is often the anomaly.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don't agree with the comment about everybody gotta have their own Wakanda, and even if it was true, I'm like so what?

But I think it was a pretty mediocre movie. I'm not one to call things overrated but I'm surprised it has this positive of an impression among the general public. But then again, it seems like my opinion when it comes to Marvel movies is often the anomaly.

If it came out today post ant-man, it would score way lower.

The marvel sheen has worn off with critics

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was…but in the actual movie thread.

just when I thought this movie couldn’t get worse they fukking bring in ben kingsley’s character from iron man 3…fukking “nice” :francis:

was hoping they would’ve taken a chance with this movie since it is a far lesser known IP…I’m not gonna act like I’m the biggest shang-chi fan but I still read some of the comics growing up so I was open-minded about this flick and at least looking forward to the fight scenes but even those have been subpar…and every marvel flick doesn’t fukking need comic relief or a goofy sidekick…like fukking enough now…they’re gonna completely running this fukking template into the ground smdh

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California

i feel like most of the positive reception hinges on that one action sequence on the bus, which I gotta admit is the best action sequence in a MCU movie post-endgame.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
"Takes place in Queens" What are you talking about?

Shang (Shaun), Katy and their friends live in San Francisco which has a ton of Asians (and not a lot of Black people). I mean Queens itself has a ton of Asians too.

Anyways, I thought Shang-Chi was good. It was a cool martial arts influenced superhero film :manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
"Takes place in Queens" What are you talking about?

Shang (Shaun), Katy and their friends live in San Francisco which has a ton of Asians (and not a lot of Black people). I mean Queens itself has a ton of Asians too.

Anyways, I thought Shang-Chi was good. It was a cool martial arts influenced superhero film :manny:

Oh thats right, i thought it was flushing, i guess im racist :wow:

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
mjf-aew.gif