Can We Appreciate the Art that's Ghost Dog

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Need to watch again, it's been years. This is the type of stuff I thought Rza would be involved in to this day.

The movie has so many layers its not even funny. I remember looking at this when I was 15 and fell in love with the movie but was confused with some of the aspects of the movie. Looking at the flick again at the age of 35 it really hit me of what this flick was trying to portray:

• A fallen empire struggling to make mends in a ongoing world (the mafia being old and broken men longing for the good ole days)
  • The symbolization of the bear, pigeon, and dog (Japanese mythology)
  • The mob watching cartoons and cutting it off during the violent parts (good touch to the flick)
  • The music tracks coming on during certain parts of the movie
  • The language barrier being broken by spiritual guesses (Ghostdog's relationship with the french dude)
  • The French dude talking about ice cream from being good to being not good for you towards the end

Breh:mindblown:THE LAYERS:banderas:

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They were in the credits!!! The movie was full of trash ass horrible beats!!!

Yeah, everyone knows how "garbage" the "Ice Cream" beat is...

Y-Kim caught the beats for not giving this beat to Ghost....

This is so 'nails on the chalkboard,' huh?

You got to know you're by your lonesome with this opinion, right?

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The movie has so many layers its not even funny. I remember looking at this when I was 15 and fell in love with the movie but was confused with some of the aspects of the movie. Looking at the flick again at the age of 35 it really hit me of what this flick was trying to portray:

• A fallen empire struggling to make mends in a ongoing world (the mafia being old and broken men longing for the good ole days)
  • The symbolization of the bear, pigeon, and dog (Japanese mythology)
  • The mob watching cartoons and cutting it off during the violent parts (good touch to the flick)
  • The music tracks coming on during certain parts of the movie
  • The language barrier being broken by spiritual guesses (Ghostdog's relationship with the french dude)
  • The French dude talking about ice cream from being good to being not good for you towards the end

Breh:mindblown:THE LAYERS:banderas:

The whole duality of Ghost Dog being one of the last following this code of honorable killers going against this aging to extinction group of killers with their own code is just remarkable in its concept and execution.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The whole duality of Ghost Dog being one of the last following this code of honorable killers going against this aging to extinction group of killers with their own code is just remarkable in its concept and execution.

This scene really speaks for itself as far as how everything is changing around the old ideas. Ghost Dog kick knowledge about a time where bears and humans co exists, and the hunter was like "this ain't no ancient culture here", and Ghost Dog goes 'Sometimes it is" :wow: